Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM

Progress Report on FS9 versions, etc.

Guest Alyot

Hi Bill, Is MAAM taking pre-paid orders for the R4D-6 yet? I'd be happy to do the credit card thing on the MAAM site to get my copy as soon as it's done. I've had the B-25J for about a year now, and I'm patiently waiting for the patch to install it in FS9. Please let me know when you will start taking orders for the FS2004 version, and I'll call directly, same day!Yours, Randy Cain

Guest Edd1

Hi Randy,You really don't need a patch to use the B-25J in FS 9. I fly it everyday, with no problems. It's a little more sensitive and has too much power but you can adjust for that. Good luck.Ed Workman

Guest paulheaton

Hi,Any news on the Briefing Time patch for FS9?RegardsPaul

Bill, I think that that it might be better for Jan and Fred to hold off with the VC. The problem is that Microsoft needs to release their long awaited coming soon for two or was it three months SDK. I think that Jan and Fred need the new MakeMDL from the SDK to make it work. But in the meantime there could be a small workaround with invisible gauges. I am really waiting for the B25 patch. :-)Sincerely,Tiberiu Brasov

Paul,What FS9 Briefing Time patch would help you? This plane is fully functional in FS9. I fly her in that sim all the time?Don

Guest Tim W

Hello DonYes, Briefing Time does fly as is in FS9, however it does not perform like it should due to the differences in the way the air files are handled in the new sim. Rob Young would be far better placed to give you a detailed description of what the differences are. We have all been working very hard to make BT behave as accurately as it is possible to make it. No-one more so than Rob and Fred. We are nearly ready to go with the FS9 version and if you are a frequent flyer of BT in FS9, you will notice the differences I'm sure. RegardsTimBTBT

Tim,Frankly, I've flown Briefing Time only a few times in FS9 but your telling me it needs some detuning to make it more accurate?Heck, I just thought it was a better grade of avgas!!!

Guest roto2

>has too much power but you can adjust for that.BT is really flying too fast in FS2004 and not compliant with the included specifications ("BT_performance_&_specs.doc").The engine power is OK.The problem is actually the drag that is too low.I have increased the parasite drag (in AIRCRAFT.CFG) from 1.0 to 1.7 and now she's flying closer to the specs.