Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The 2003 Demographic Survey is now posted!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Tom,When I was looking at the results of the survey, I noticed that I was the absolute average in about every category. Then I noticed that I was the only the 2 or 3rd one who took the survey, so I guess that would be just about right! :-lolI hope everyone does the survey....it's a good way to find out you are not the only flightsim lunatic in the world! :) And you can show it to your flightsim widow (widower), to prove that they are not alone!:-lolRegards,Steve Dra

Geezzz Steve, I wouldn't go around bragging that I was just "average"... :-lolAnd my wife doesn't need a survey to know that there are other sim widows out there. She "senses" these things (just like all wives do... ) :)

Really great survey Tom,One bucket of Extra Crispy please....One hour and already over 250 respondents.And for all the folks that want "Frame Rates and Fluidity", suggest you install FS98 on your 2.0 Gighertz Plus machine.....I installed it just to see how it compared to FS2002 and FS2000 and I am getting 100 FPS+ on my 2.8 P4.Also surprised at the very low numbers of simmer's that fly on line or with VA's. From all the sig cards in the forum's would have thought it would be higher.Steve ParkKSDFwww.livewireairlines.com

Tom,Your good lady is so right about those sim widows. It is early days yet, but I noticed that female simmers are showing as 0.3 % in the survey. I have been interested in cycling where 10 % of the club members were female, in a walking club of which I was a member the percentage rose to 25. I am attending a language class currently and of a class of 24 there are only 4 males including me. As Professor Higgins put it,

I think that is way too easy.. All the above? Yeah. Of course. Everyone would select that one. :-lol