Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Couple questions regarding cabin lights

Been meaning to ask for a long time now...... Are the cabin lights usually left on from startup to shutdown on the R4D/DC-3? Are they shut off during certain portions of the flight?And also, if the cabin lights are turned off during flight (at least in certain situations), is it possible to bind it to a different FS light type other than strobes? The reason I ask is that every time I do turn off the cabin lights in flight, I get dinged points by FS Flightkeeper for having the strobe lights off during flight, because, of course, FSFK thinks it's the strobe lights. So, either I operate the cabin lights in the same manner I would normally operate the strobe lights to satisfy FSFK, or I leave it on startup-to-shutdown to satisfy FSFK and questionably satisfy operating procedures... And I'd prefer not to cheat by turning enforcement of strobe lights off altogether... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

HiThe real R4D does not have a strobe light, so Jan has not put one in the model and used the vacant strobe switch tag to operate the various cabin lights.If I were you I would turn off enforcement for the non-existent strobe, otherwise you will have to leave the cabin lights on all the time, as you say.BTW, my name is Bill. What's yours? :-)Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Well, I know there are no strobes in the real thing, I was just thinking of retrofitting.. :( But, that's not particularly important, just eye candy... :( As for FSFK, guess I'll have to "cheat"..... :PIs there any "standard" times to have the cabin lights on or off in a DC-3/R4D? Or is it just "whatever I feel like doing with them"? :)Dave C.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

>Is there any "standard" times to have the cabin lights on or>off in a DC-3/R4D? Or is it just "whatever I feel like doing>with them"? :)Martini time.Before anyone says, "Well, when is that?", it is, of course, after five o'clock.Luckily, it is always after five o'clock :)MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM