Sign in to follow this  
Guest SPOFF

READING WWII Weekend

Guest SPOFF

Niether here N'or there: My wife and I listen to "40s" music on XM Satalite ..ON Direct TV. Have been since they offered it. Every night during dinner. Tonight, we heard a "Lite" promotion of the "Reading Army Airfield WW-II Weekend".I was born before Pearl Harbor (11/11/41) and for some reason, both of us have been attracted to Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Arty Shaw, etc. even though we were both only babes in arms at the time the music was popular. SPOFF

Hi,I am much younger, but love the music also.Check www.live365.com, goto browse genres, goto bigbands, then start the Kingdom of Swing, 24hr FREE listening to bigbands.Johan[a href=http://82.176.145.29/forum_topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=129&FORUM_ID=6&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=%5BFS2004%5D+Mildenhall+%2D+Melbourne+Airrace&Forum_Title=Hobbies]Check my Uiver Melbourne race progress[/a]A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

Guest SPOFF

Thanks Johan: Glad to hear my wife and I are not alone. In fact, this music prompted me to buy the MAAM Sim B-25 and DC3/R4D. I fly them with Arty Shaw, Glen Miller ..etc playnig in the background..A balance between engine sound and music. I think I was born too late. SPOFF

Hi Guys. Just got back from the big MAAM World War II Weekend Show. All you '40s big band/swing lovers (and I am one of you) really have to get yourself there next year. We always feature two different Big Bands. Friday we have the "Let's Dance" big band, appearing ala Artie Shaw's USN Big Band. (my personal favorite) Then on Saturday it's the Glenn Miller, USAAF style "Swing Fever" band. Both bands feature really great vocalists, too.Here's our own Mark Beaumont (aka "Dark Moment", aka "Mr. Mark") cutting a rug with my soon-to-be 4 year-old granddaughter Tess Nguyen (aka "Boo") to the swing of the Navy band... http://www.fssupport.com/maam/IMG_1973b.jpg (captions by Dark Moment) :-)If you have not yet caught the musical background and Easter Eggs I have imbedded on our WWII Weekend page, be sure to check them out.http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.htmlI'll be adding more to it in the near future. BTW, XM Radio is one of our participants and sponsors of the show. Next year we plan to have your favorite XM station playing in all our shuttle buses. It is already featured at the main show venues.Make your plans for next year - June 1,2,3. Dances are Friday and Saturday night, otherwise we'll be swinging without you!Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest SPOFF

Speaking of music: There is no need to respond to this post. It would probably be frowned upon anywho. Thinking about the Old Days..WW-II. The MUSIC: It reminds me of a time when WE AMERICANS, were together. No bickering over who should be the heros. ALL of us were a Team. Everyone doing their part, whether working in a factory, landing at Normandy with a gun in your hand, or flying an airplane to defeat the enemy. We were ONE. What ever happened to that? Just a thought. SPOFF

Oh yes...now I am

Gunnar v.d. Meeren

Banner_400.jpg

FSX / Acceleration / Win 7 64 bit - ASUS Z67 Intel Core I7 2600K 4.7GHZ / 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
120GB SSD / 1TB HDD / GTX660TI 2GB / Corsair AX750W