Sign in to follow this  

747-200 Ready for pushback

All the reviews I've seen were very positive. Seems like a great product. I got my CD today, but haven't had a chance to install it. Will fly tomorrow.

Here's the link for it. [www.panelshop.com]. Look in the forums and you'll see comments from some of the early usersHappy New YearEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest adlion944

I hate to say it, but the visuals are below standard. They are messy/blurry photorealism and bad hand drawing. Sub FS98, especially when you consider what DreamFleet is doing.The VC is the absolute worst. It looks terrible.The functionality of the panel is good, however. It flies well. So if you're not big on visuals, you might like it.

I bought the download version I I'm happy with mine. I think it flys well but the VC is very hard on frame rates (I hope this is not the comeing trend with FS devlopers because CS's 727 was bad enought but this is worse). As far as the guy stated on this form about it being something for FS98, actually it's an upgrade of the FS2000 version. It is by no means in my book an FS98 aircraft. It is the first to feature not only a VC but also the whole front section of the 747. You can pan to the lower cabin watch the seats move when the passengers want to rest. They just need to upgrade the night lighting for the lower cabin but this aircraft does have a few first for our hobby and that alone is reason enough to buy (at least until Meljet's 777 comes out). It's a good plane, just hard on frames when useing the VC (at least on my 1.5gig Dell Geforce4 TI 4200). Any machine less than mine shouldn't even concider this aircraft unless you like slide shows.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest UweR

I was a member of the early test team but somehow lost confidence a few months ago, but when I returned home yesterday from holidays and saw it had been released I rushed to get it. The learning curve will be steep for everyone, even experienced simmers/pilots will have to read the material and fly the tutorials. While I agree that the grafics aren

Koty,I bought it and like it alot. I personally like not using alot of on board computers when flying, just a matter of personal taste I guess.I once asked a real world CRJ< computerized> pilot if he would like to fly the dc-9. He laughed and said" I would not know what to do with all those dials and analog gages" :).Matt

Matt I think that you've and Uwe have hit the nail on the proverbial head: this is a sim for those people who want to fly the plane rather than simply program it. It is complex and there is certainly a learning curve, but the rewards are pretty satifying also. Personally, I also think that the graphics are just fine also.There all that my system can handle at least.Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

It's too bad that for a plane that will be flown manually by a lot of folks, they didn't give a true pilot's perspective. I, for one, find the jump seat view favoured by many designers to be highly distracting. It makes it very difficult to line up the plane because you really don't know where it's pointed. This panel in particular is really representative of this problem. Look at the screen below - first the pilot must be really uncomfortable sitting on the speedbrake lever for 11 hours. Second, can you tell me where the plane is pointed - as good a case could be made for the control tower as the runway.I think I'll pass. Check out the panel preview of the Dreamfleet 727 also included. DF is a company that understands how important perspective is, especially for planes being flown by hand.

I'm said to say for myself, but this is the first add-on that will leave correct already left my HD...Already write off the payment :(Don't like the panel and the textures, and the VC is worse...The visual model is okay but not stunning :-)Frame rates are worse on my high-end system :( :(I'll guess I'm spoiled with DF/PSS/CS :-)The quality isn't what I'm looking for in a payware software packageI'll like however the realism in the programmed panels...But overall for me very dis-appointing...Andr

André

hi kotyone word....slow... especially in VC, fps went from 18-20 to 7-8........30secs later it was gone.live and learn best wishes steveathlon 2200xp512mb 2100epox8k3a+ mobowinxp proati8500 64mbsblive

I'm sorry that you don't like the Classic, most people seem to be pretty pleased. I do think that it would be perhaps better to compare the ground perspective on the 747 to something other that that of a 727 in flight; after all, the 747 is considerably higher off of the ground than a 727 and that will alter the ground perspective by quite a bit. The Classic's perspectives and pilots viewpoints were all vetted by an active 747 Captain and he felt that they were pretty good. Different strokes, etc.Happy Flying and Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com