Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

meljet 777 with pss 777 panel - any hints?

any masters with suggestions for getting the 2 to go together smoothly?many thanks!

Hi Andy.I have no problems at all aliasing the PSS panel to Meljet 777.VNAV and LNAV works like a charm. The only thing that I do is on the FMC VNAV button I input a 250/10000 speed restriction.Well I can't get the LoadEdit program to run. I get a Run Time Error 308 " Invalid property value". Dont know what that is... Other than that everything works.Ed

Guest groundpounder75

Ed,To get the LoadEdit program to work you need to have the [WEIGHT]section from the PSS aircraft.cfg file in the MelJet aircraft.cfg file. I haven't done this yet, but I will get to it later this afternoon. You have to be careful about the placement of the loads in the MelJet becuase if the reference point isn't the same as the PSS then you might run into fight dynamic problems. I know this works because this is what I did to get the LoadEdit for the PSS 744 to work for the MJ and Posky 744 models.

thanks ed, appreciated. will give it a go. :)

Arthur. I did copy the section on the aircraft.cfg but for some reason in does not work. I did change the values in the loadedit.ini (configuration settings) maybe that should not be done. I don't know.Thanks anyways. If you get it to run let me know.Ed

Over all the PSS panel works just fine for me with the Meljet777.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

do you need pss air files also to make it work plz lmk

No, no need for the PSS .air file. The only thing I've found so far is that the first notch of flap isn't showing correctly on the panel.

for me im having a slight prob when operatingin vnav it wants to be a rocket and hold a 20 degree pitch up climb at like 7000fp/m all the way up to around 25,000 and around 30,000ft where still doing around 3000fp/m. thats my probs im having.Happy FlyingAnthony Hurst

Guest guyjr

I've mentioned this and seen others having this problem on Meljet's forum as well... when turning the yoke to the left, the spoileron warning goes off in the panel every time. This is due to the spoilers going up (as they should I assume) when giving left input to the yoke. This doesn't happen with the POSKY aircraft, however. I imagine they didn't set up their model the same way.Anyways, the only fix I've seen so far is to disable the spoilerons altogether (note the spoilers will still work, but you won't see them deploy when giving aileron inputs) ... in the aircraft.cfg file, look for "spoilerons_available = 1" and change it to 0. That will get rid of the very annoying warnings in the panel.Anybody have any ideas on a better approach to fixing this problem?As for the flaps, again, the POSKY model works correctly and just about the same as Meljet's, so I wonder if there's a way to fix the Meljet to work correctly as well?

All but the auto pilot works for me. Lights light up but no control???I have tried the PSS air file and it still does not work??Eddie

Guest groundpounder75

Check the forum at meljet.com for the problem with the spoiler warning going off when the yoke is turned to the left. There is a posting for an update to the panel that seems to have eliminated the problem.

Guest Martin

Right, with the Meljet .air file it climbs like a rocket, and the first flap position doesn't display properly on the EICAS. Everything else is fine - it even follows an ILS better than the PSS FDE.Using the PSS .air file, and most of its aircraft.cfg climb rates are more realistic (although it actually seems a bit underpowered), but approach attitudes are way off - it needs around 10 degrees nose down attitude to follow an ILS at the correct speeds. Also the cockpit view sits too high compared to the virtual cabin.In short, I won't be able to use this aircraft until there is a decent merge (which is irritating, 'cause it's the most gorgeous 777, if not the most gorgeous FS aircraft I've ever seen!)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing