Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro update - any suggestions ?

Guest Anticyclone

Hi everybody,We plan to update Active Camera Pro in a short future. We would like to learn from users if there is something interesting that could improve the module.Yet in our wish list (and doable): - a small installer (some fellow simmers still have problems to handle the dll and cfg files ...)- configure and save up to 10 preset views in the virtual cockpit/cabin (nice to save wingviews)- configurable keyboard shortcuts to enable/disable flyby, internal and external views- "film director/traveling" movement of the camera while switching between preset views, and the option to access the preset views directly (as with any 2D panel view switching)- vertical eyepoint view in the virtual cockpit/cabin (good to sit down in the B-747 lower deck)- ambient sounds : steps while walking in external pilot view + wind noise depending on the FS wind velocity- more realistic settings for both head latency and ground turbulences features- end of runway/treshold new camera positionLast but not least : we'll try to fix the weird graphic problems due to the FS scenery refresh (when in external view). Not sure it will be OK since it seems to be a FS limitation. If fixed it will therefore be possible to "anchor" the external pilot view to an airborne aircraft.Best regards,Guillaume, Sergewww.anticyclone.be

-- more realistic settings for both head latency and ground turbulences features. I personally like that sound of that the best :)Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hey Serge,First of all, thank you for bring us such great addon. I use it all the time and it is great to know it will be updated.These will be great features (IMHO, of course) (in that order):- configure and save up to 10 preset views in the virtual cockpit/cabin (nice to save wingviews)- end of runway/treshold new camera position- "film director/traveling" movement of the camera while switching between preset views, and the option to access the preset views directly (as with any 2D panel view switching)That is all. Let us know what improvements you will be coding.Thank you,Arlei

Flyby working in replay mode with user adjusting camera position on the fly. Position could be stored to playback the replay again...ThanksUlisses

Guillaume and Serge,You seem to have covered about everything I hoped for in this update!There's one more feature though I would really love - if feasable- : the possibility to create an external view next to the runway at about the touchdown or take off point, when viewing the replay of your landing/take off (with a setting where you can define if you want to be at the right or the left side of the runway).> configure and save up to 10 preset views in the virtual cockpit/cabin (nice to save wingviews)Would be great if you could make that aircraft dependant, so you can create different presets for different a/c and save them.Paul

Guest BP

ACPro is GREAT! Most have covered some nice items which would truly enhance the current version. One thing I'd like to see if at all possible is a mouse controlled view option (Option, becaue I like the keybaord for some situations). Would be nice and smooth as opposed to tapping the keyboard for say walking around the cabin/AC etc. Having the ability to sit/stand and setting a Pass Window was my other thought, but already covered. :-)Thanks for a teriffic add-on Serge.Bill

One thing that I find kind of tricky is when rolling down the runway and using the rudder to correct for torque, I end up looking off to the side of the runway. I don't have an idea for a solution, but could you look into this?And here's a long shot -- what about a feature that would move your head to the side in a taildragger when on the ground?

When I go to the external view I get some sort of distortion of my background scenery, it looks like the buildings are flying and jumbled up together. Is there a way to fix that, or is that the fix you talk about at the end of your post?

Excellent add-on!I second Psychophant's idea..."And here's a long shot -- what about a feature that would move your head to the side in a taildragger when on the ground?"Keep up the good work...and a big thanks!Bradley Dykes

GuysFirst a big thank you for your wonderful product.It's great as it is.Could you please enable a mode which allows you to move around the aircraft externally when it is airborne.Presently I can only do this before take off.And the icing on the cake would be for any chance to use it to pan around AI aircraftAm I asking too much? Please kick me if I am-I am a grateful bugger mind youJK

There was a super little program for FS2000 called TowerView. It simulated a viewpoint from the tower so you could watch your aircraft land during playback. I always found this valuable for analyzing performance. However, it was never updated and doesn't work in FS2002. Just food for thought...J.-P.

With all the wingview debate, it would be nice if there were a way to set up ACP so that the wingview could be seen while in flight for aircraft without such views. Don't know if that would ever be possible--seems a miracle that ACP can do what it does already.... But if the Active Camera viewpoint could some how move with such aircraft, it would relieve many A/C designers of having to include such views when building A/C...

Guest guyjr

First, thanks for such a great add-on!I don't know if this is covered by your "vertical eye-point" feature, but it would be really great if you could move the viewpoint up and down, ie, changing your height. Right now, it seems like there's only a couple of preset heights: walking on the ground, or sitting in the cockpit / cabin. If you could change the height the same way as walking around, that would be excellent!One thing I'm going to try using ACP for is to help a friend of mine get over her fear of flying. In college, a friend of mine worked on a project called "virtual Vietnam". It involved using a head-mounted VR display along with a special chair outfitted with subwoofer and speakers that simulated various combat environments, including an incredibly realistic scenario where you saw the viewpoint of a gunner sitting on the side of a Huey flying low over rice paddies, complete with bombs, guns, artillery, screaming, etc. The project was intended as a way to help veterans deal with post-traumatic stress disorder.Anyways, I've been playing with ACP and the new Meljet 777 to create as realistic as possible the viewpoint of a passenger on takeoff in nasty weather, with the plane banking and pitching on climbout as it heads toward a low cloud layer. My idea is to then save that as a replay, and have my friend sit down in front of the monitor, put on a pair of headphones, crank up the volume, make the room completely dark except for the monitor, and then play the replay. I'm hoping that this will be enough for her to at least experience the same sort of tension she does whenever she flies. If so, then perhaps by experiencing various scenarios like this, she can overcome her fear.We'll see what happens though... the last time she watched me with flight sim, I was trying to explain what was going on with the panel, and it didn't capture her interest for very long.

hey Guy, PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED HOW THIS GOES, I to am VERY INTERSTED IN THIS MYSELF!, i love fltsimming and watching planes, but i really freakout and get very afraid when im on one, the problem for me is the motion.please keep me informedthanksemail: brian777@centurytel.netciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest SlimDady

I would like to se a feature similar to where you can get out of the plane and walk around it, but in there air. so you can view from any angle.The way its set up you eyepoint is stationary, id like to be able to look from wherever while flying, if it can be done at all with the engine