Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Will your computer run FSX?

I ran that thing last week and I was full right. Running it is one thing, sliders are another. :-)Oh yeah, it says you have to use IE as well.Keep in mind, I see this tool as a Marketing tool at best. Point, I have a 256mb 9600xt, and I don't see that vid card as an off the chart performance FSX Card, hmmm. ;-) Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest EdrickV

It seems to me all that thing does is compare your system's specs against the system requirements on the box. Which are the minimum needed to run the program at all, not the minimum needed to run it well. (And it doesn't have full info on FSX video card requirements either.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest SteveJ

Thanks for the link, Dave. I guess I'm ready to try anything while I'm rather impatiently waiting for my FSX Deluxe pre-order to arrive.I doubt that these results will be very reliable, however, since it states up front that it doesn't do a detailed check of your video card. My system (see specs below) tested in the top 14% of all systems thus far analyzed. That's hard to believe, given my 1GB of RAM and last generation GeForce 6800 card (even with SLI). From what I'm reading here on the forum (even though I get good performance in the demo), I had better be ready to spend some time tweaking for acceptable FSX performance.Thanks again,Steve J.KHEFBasic System Specs: Dell XPS 600 Gen5 P4 650 3.4GHz (800FSB) w/HT 2MB Cache, 1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 667MHz, Dual 256MB PCI Expressx16 GeForce 6800 in SLI w/.9147 drivers 1280x1024/32/85Hz, 250GB Serial ATA HD (7200rpm) 72% free, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Windows XP Media Ed SP2, DirectX 9.0c, Viewsonic A95f 19in, CHProducts Yoke and Pedals, O&O Defrag (Name), PC Pitstop Optimize.

Guest EdrickV

All tweaks? What are you using for the two settings below?TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=It wouldn't surprise me if some people who tried putting those lines in (and said there was no difference) are actually still using the default values. Because, as far as autogen, it made a very noticable difference in Demo 1 for me."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Dave, I tried to run the demo on my Ti4200 and got neon roofs at St. Maarten which I took as a sign that this old video card can not handle FSX... are you getting Ok visuals??

Bert

Guest EdrickV

FSX is intended for DX9 cards with pixel shader support. I think the Ti4200 is a DX8 era card."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Challenger604

My System Specifications Processor AMD Athlon 64 2400MHz Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Memory 1024MB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Free Disk Space 11.05GB Display Card Memory 256MB Display Driver Version 9.1.3.1 DirectX Version 9.0c Optical Drive DVD Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio My System Performance Your system is among the top 4% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor. OK so my system is good according to this however I still get 5fps at LAX with everyting at medium settings.FSX = Supersystem needed. Which is cool because if it ran at 20 FPS everywere we would complain that the sim was too basic.

Well, here is mine. It says mine is in the top 5%. Guess that 2gb Ram helps out. Also the 9600xt is a pretty decent card back in the day.Athlon XP 3000+ Barton Core o/c to 2.315ATI radeon 9600xt 500/2972 gb RamWinXP Prohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/158922.jpg

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

You have to run 50% sliders with all tweaks??I don't, I am further right, and your FX55 is a little faster than mine...you should be able to run sliders more right than that, and get solid fps...you must be using lots of AI...??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Traffic

I think so too. My very old system which runs FSX with GREAT difficulty registers as great on that scale. So it seems that it merely compares your specs to the minimum advertised specs on the box, which incidentally are set unrealistically low. Sure, you can run FSX with all sliders to the left and get 1.5fps but that's not fun.:-erks

Guest The_Pharoah

here's what I got:My System Specifications Processor AMD Athlon XP/MP/4 1999MHz Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT Memory 1024MB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Free Disk Space 85.55GB Display Card Memory 128MB Display Driver Version 8.4.2.1 DirectX Version 9.0c Optical Drive CD/DVD Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio My System Performance Your system is among the top 9% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor. ahem....top 9%??? #####??

Guest CaffeineBomb

Oh this is soooo funny!My system:Intel Pentium M 1400MHz768MB RAMNVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 64MB30GB HD + 120 GB USB HD"Congratulations! Your computer has sufficient performance to run Microsoft