Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Saitek flight yoke

Guest machammer

I know there have been a few posts regarding this product. I am considering purchasing this. But, it seems that there are not many posts. Is that because many people have not purchased it. If so why. Everything I've read seems positive.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Guest UlfB

Well, there have been a few posts. Just do a search with "saitek yoke".I've replaced my old CH yoke with the Saitek and I'm very pleased. Distinct null zone, no need for calibration. Robust and better looking.Ulf B

I have it and think that is much better than the CH yoke. The only downside is I am trying to find a good way to attach it to my desk. The mounting bracket that comes with it is great, but very large and it will not work with a keyboard tray/drawer.

Guest machammer

I just wanted to thank everyone. I plan to order it today.Regards.Bill

dave12345: I do not have this unit (yet), but have been following with interest the comments of those that do.I'm sure I read in another post (here?) about a user of this device that found the "C" clamps that you get at the hardware store work well for those with a keyboard tray. Many different sizes to chose from, I think he said.I think the availability of a separate throttle was a great move by Saitek. I purchased their Aviator joystick simply because it was locally available and considerably less expensive than their competitors. Now, for less than dinner for two at an elegant restaurant, I can fly HOTAS!

Mine is sitting collecting dust. I liked it, but I have a serious problem with random key presses. Buttons seem to press for no good reason. I've had my autopilot disconnect, parking brake turn off during engine startup, etc. I just can't use it. Check the official Saitek forums. Everyone doesn't seem to be having this problem, but it is more than a few. For awhile I thought it was just me bumping keys, but I've had things happen while the sim is paused and I am away from the PC. Once I got up for a bit and came back to find my view in tower mode, which I never use. I have had zero response from Saitek support as well, other than a forum post that they are "looking into it". Their forum (you have to register to view, but I highly recommend before you buy. I wish I had...)http://www.saitekforum.com/

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest machammer

Craig,You do have me concerned. I went to the site and registered. Did you try the fix that the one person mentioned about deleting the key commands?I may want to wait till the dust settles.Thank You Bill

My yoke was setup properly in fs2004. I didn't have duplicate commands or anything. Like I said, I paused my flight to get a drink, came back and found fs2004 in tower view, which I never use. I can't even get engines started before it starts doing random things. View switches, button pushes, etc. People seem to think that it can be fixed with software, but that is not the case with mine. Mine seems to be worse than others, and I wonder if people just "deal with it". If you don't assign anything important to the buttons, it isn't so bad, but what is the point then? I unplug the yoke and go back to my Saitek x52 and all the random buttons go away. I did receive an e-mail back from Saitek, and they refused to fix it. I was abruptly told to take it back where I got it. Seeing as it had to be ordered online, that is just one more hassle. Maybe some of them are ok, but I wonder how many people even notice what is going on. Like I said, I actually thought it was me hitting buttons by mistake. I was going to sit and watch the calibration screen for button pushes, but I didn't have the patience. I would recommend avoiding this hardware. You can search back and there were at least a few other people having this issue here and many others on the forums. I was tempted to exchange this for another, but seeing as how many others have this issue and the response I got from Saitek, I think I will be moving on and getting a full refund.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF