Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Sound through speakers AND headset.

Hi all I bought a new microphone headset for fs and it is the usb type, however when I plug it in to the usb it works fine through the headset but I cannot hear anything come out through the speakers. Is there something I can do to hear the sound come through the speakers and the headset?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

If we are talking about FSX, go the the sound configuration tab, under Windows sound devices set Sounds to your SoundBlaster Live, and set Voice to you usb headset.You will then have sounds from your speakers and voice (air traffic control) in your headset.

yes i do have FSXthank you so much! i will try this when i get home tonight !

Guest RonB49

From your Windows XP Task Bar, click Start > Settings > Control Panel. You'll find it there. Works great for default ATC, ATIS etc. Saddly it doesn't direct FDC Live Cockpit sounds to the headset. I do not know about Radar Contact. R-

>hi is the Windows sound devices within FSX or in windows XP?The settings I was referring to are on the Sound configuration tab within FSX

Hi I did as you said but I cannot hear anything from out the speakers even though I got the voice tab to the usb headset and the audio tab to the sblive card, nothing works not even the external programs, there is no sound from the computer speakers.If I chose SBLive under the audio tab I cannot hear anything out of the speakers not even any other programsHowever if I chose the USB headset then I can hear every thing ok through the headset.

>Hi >>I did as you said but I cannot hear anything from out the>speakers even though I got the voice tab to the usb headset>and the audio tab to the sblive card, nothing works not even>the external programs, there is no sound from the computer>speakers.>>If I chose SBLive under the audio tab I cannot hear anything>out of the speakers not even any other programs>>However if I chose the USB headset then I can hear every thing>ok through the headset.>You also need to set the SBlive back to being the default sound device in windows. Furthermore, these changes (at least the ones in windows) are not applied to any one application (say FS) until that application is restarted...Geoff

problem fixed!it was my stupid speakers that gave up the ghost, replaced the speakers and all is well nowthanks.

I had the same questions some time ago (gave up on it), as it relates to FS9, any way to do the same for us old fashioned simmers??

well it doesnt seem to work, i still get voice from online ATC through the speakers.

Clayton,If you are using Windows XP:1) Plug your USB headset into a USB port.2) Go to Start>Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices3) Click the "Audio" tab4) Ensure that both "sound playback" and "sound recording" are set to your primary audio card (SBLive).5) Click the "Voice" tab6) Set both the "sound plackback" and "sound recording" to your USB headset (Logitech USB Headset), which should appear in the drop-list of devices.7) Click "Apply"Within FSX on the Sound settings page:1) Set sounds to your primary audio device (SBLive)2) Set voice to your USB headset (Logitech USB Headset).That's all there is to it mate. If you done the above steps you should be up and running with sounds from your PC speakers and ATIS, ATC, mission voices, multiplayer voices, voice from lessons etc. playing within your headset.

thanks sargeski but where exactly do i find the sounds setting page in FSX. I go to OPTIONS > SETTINGS > SOUND then i press CONFIGURE and this window pops up which is exactly the same as if i go to Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices.???

ok i think i got it working, however i do not hear any ATC voices through Vatsim via the headset, is this the way it should be?