Sign in to follow this  
Guest nigel28

strange problem after significant upgrade

Guest nigel28

I have a very wierd framerate and AI aircraft issue after upgrade. let me explain...OLD SYSTEME6700 @ 2.67BFG 8800 GTXAsus Striker Extreme MBNEW SYSTEMintel 9450 Quad @ 2.67EVGA 9800 GX2EVGA 780i MBnow my other games saw an improvement, 3d mark saw an improvement but when I load up FSX I saw a significant FPS decrease when using 3rd party planes such as the Flight1 Super80. before at KSAN I would see around 45-50 FPS looking at the city with the settings I have and after the upgrade I am getting around 25-30. I double checked and made sure all my settings were the same. Also, ALL my AI aircraft have disappeared. even if I crank it to 100 percent, nada. I even tried to recompile, etc...nothing. the traffic file IS there in the scenery/world folder. I have not reactivated it yet because I cant find my box but its here somewhere and I know the sim is LIMITED if you dont reactivate. My question is, does the reactivation have anything to do with it??? is it limiting my performance or causing some sort of instability with 3rd party aircraft??

I just reinstalled windows so my Acceleration is not activated until I go look for the box. The only thing I noticed is the 30 minute time limit, no decrease in performance.Which AI package are you using, and it is the same all over the world?

Guest nigel28

im using justflights traffic 2005 with all the expansion packs and yes its like that all over. very wierd how the files seem to be there, the traffic bgl seems to be there but no traffic.

>im using justflights traffic 2005 with all the expansion>packs and yes its like that all over. very wierd how the files>seem to be there, the traffic bgl seems to be there but no>traffic. Do you have the models in SimobjectsMisc?

Guest nigel28

yup its all there. its very strange. and the frame rates?? I should at least get the same if not much better since FSX does take advantage of multiple cores.

>yup its all there. its very strange. and the frame rates?? I>should at least get the same if not much better since FSX does>take advantage of multiple cores. It's possible that the 9800GTX drivers are not up to par yet. This is consistent with what I have heard, concerning 8800GTX's vs. 9800GTX's, where the 8800GTX is outperforming its newer sibling in FSX with some configurations. This I expect to change as drivers mature.In my opinion you had a fast FSX setup already, and the upgrade you have done should not be expected to improve FSX much, if any.Also if it were me doing the upgrade, I would wipe the OS and FSX, and reinstall everything. That's the only way to really know if all of the old has been removed. If you have not done this, that also may be part of the reason you are seeing the frame rate issues with the AI.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest nigel28

yeah I thought it might be a driver issue. wiping fsx and reinstalling sounds like a nightmare due to all the changes ive made in the 2 yars its been on my HD not to mention all the add ons LOL.

Guest triangle

At least cut your fsx.cfg and paste it on your desktop and then run FSX and let it build a new one, set your settings and see how it goes. Doing this when I have had inexplicable FPS problems or post-upgrade issues has usually sorted things out for me. Can't hurt to try ...Andrew

Guest nigel28

cool, thanks. I will give that a shot.