Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosswind

Nick N - Help Please with setting for a 7800 GS and FSX

Nick,I am desperately trying to get my BFG 7800GS AGP video card to run FSX without the major jaggies and scenery that will not refresh. Can you please offer some suggestions that will help me set this card up appropriately in FSX.My computer spec are not the newest by a long shot but this is what I have to settle for at this time.P4 3.0GHz Prescott ProcessorFSB 800/5332 Gig of RamBFG 7800 GS OC 256Mb 250 gig Seagate SATA 7200 rpm HDDKroswynd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not Nick, but I ran FSX for a while on a P4-2.8 with a 7600GT card, before getting a faster system (Q6600, 8600GTS) that finally allowed me to run FSX properly.All I can offer is go easy on all settings so as to not overload your system. 2X AA and 4X AF for anti aliasing and texture filtering is a good place to start. In FSX, set all graphics settings to default... and get rid of autogen alltogether if still problems. Water on lowest setting and no shadows also helps. Weather.. clear skies to start.Lastly, I found that major urban areas like Seattle never ran quite right... so try flying in and out of smaller airports... until you can afford a faster processor.

a 7800GS is a FS9 card... your really pushing that with FSX512 card is needed for FSX and one with a modern core. Minimum being a 7900GS+ or a 7900GTS and even that will struggleSame settings I post with the use of Nhancer are what I would runMake sure you are using modern drivers too. FSX and Nhancer require certain minimum driver revisions, especially for SP1/SP2http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1208959973/0#5