Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c152flyboy

th2go and stretched images, anyone else?

i am using the th2go on 3 15" LCD monitors for now at 3072X768. center monitor is great but as you get to outside of monitor 1 and 3 clouds and buildings looked elongated. if i move the toggle switch so i can "see" out the left window, now in the center monitor, that looks good but stretches when moved back to side screens. i have bezel management set up right.in some pictures i have seen, there does not appear to be any distortion of any kind so i thought i may have set something up wrong.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is fisheye distortion caused by high zoom out levels and is normal. You can reduce the distortion by zooming in a little closer. Personally, with FS9 I zoom out all the way (0.31) as I prefer a wider field of view even it is means a bit of elongation on the edges.Gary

thanks, Gary. glad to know it isn't something I set up wrong. BTW, do you think when i switch to 3 22" widescreen's, i may see that issue get worse, or stay the same?

I'm not sure that switching to 22" widescreens will buy you much. You will still have only a single 45

It will probably get a little worse due to the widescreens, but I can't say for sure.Re Alex's comments below, I believe he is referring to a 2D view situation. I use VC (with TrackIR) and, at 0.31 zoom, have about 105 degrees FOV and get no such ovalisation of gauges.Gary