Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Problem with GF4-Ti4200 Anti Aliasing in FS2002

Hello, my new graphic card "GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB" has severe problems under FS2002 with ANTI ALIAS on. The performance is very bad and I have some very bad "overlays" in the picture. Simply unflyable. If I uncheck ANTI ALIAS the performance and picture qualitiy is very good. Can someone help me?My system: Soyo Dragon Plus! 4xAGP Pro MB, Athlon XP2100+, 512MB Ram, GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB 8xAGP, Nvidia 40.72 Drivers, Win XP.Best regards FrankBy the way: my old GF3 Ti200 has no problem with ANTI ALIAS, so the performance problem is not normal! I also tried other drivers (41.09 and 30.82) no help.

I just installed the MSI version of your card in my Soyo Dragon+. The only problem I had with AA was the red lettering on the top of the screen had hash marks through it. I deselected AA within fs2002 and they cleared up. I reset it on and they stayed cleared. It seemed it just needed resetting. I am running the 40.72 drivers. I didn't make any changes to the default settings on the card menus.Prior to changing the card from a GeForce 2 Ti 200 64MB DDR to the new GeForce 4, I carefully deleted the NVidia Drivers (40.72) which resulted in using the default WinXP NVidia Drivers. When the system rebooted after the swap, it stabilized and I reinstalled the 40.72 drivers.

"Prior to changing the card from a GeForce 2 Ti 200 64MB DDR to the new GeForce 4, I carefully ..." I formatted my drive and freshly installed win xp. Maybe some BIOS settings...?

I just replaced my Asus Geforce 3 64 MB card with a Gainward G4 4200 Gold 128 MB card and noticed no improvement at all in fps (clean install of XP and the latest drivers). Actually, with the GF3 card I could at least choose 1600x1200x16 but with the new card I can't choose any 1600x1200 resolution. Anyone else with this card having the same problem?/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Sorry for trespassing. :-roll

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest PaulL01

what brand of Card?what AGP BIOS settings did you change according to your manual?If you are the owner of a new gainward GF4TI4200 there are some problem cards out there and you should checkout thier web site for the fix (card replacement)