HiGot a quick question.How do you align a line that is going down the lenght of the fuselage and then turns up on to the tail(stabilizer) when the fuselage and the tail are seperate files(PMDG747)?Many thanks!!

Having a look at the paint it, the best way looks like to carry on the line as if the tail was there. Do this by maybe increasing the canvas size temporaily or by dragging the fuselage sheet on to a bigger canvas. You could then place the tail part where it would approximately would be then draw the line. Make a reference point so you can realign it and then drag over the line for the tail you made (with a little bit from the fuselage incase you need to alter the positioning of it). Use the reference point to align it up on the actual tail texture and make little adjustments.

A simple solution.Us FSRepaint ( from Abacus ) Download the trial version. ( wich works unlimited , with certain limitations)Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest wji

"How about this one?"Definitely a lot simpler :-)Anytime one has a paintkit with separate empennage and vertical stabilizer texture-files one has one's work cut-out for them.To get the required results as shown on N804MS, it would require a lot of trial-and-error to get the two files to line up -- regardless of which paint-program one used.[/font size]Example of similar paint_kit showing a collage of the two files discussedhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170867.jpgThere are one-piece paint_kits (with models) which eliminate the necessity to align two files

quote>>To get the required results as shown on N804MS, it would require a lot of trial-and-error to get the two files to line up -- regardless of which paint-program one used.<<http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170869.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Don't give up Nick! :) Repainting certainly has its headaches but usually you can work something out. As already said theres alot of trial and error and it usually helps to have painted the model a few times so you can get used to its problems.

Easy solution.Copy the parts concerned out of the base textures and NOTE the exact X,Y coordinates.Now paste these into a new PSD / CPT (or whatever) and line them up with each other. (Do not merge layers)Paint your line. (You could, alternatevely, paint a grid of 1 pixel lines 10 by 10 pixel spacing. Every fifth line blue, every tenth red and keep such a texture set as your master)Mask, trim and merge COPIES of the lines to the sections of the fuselage.Copy these back to the aircraft texture. Convert to the DXT or DDS format of choice and go flying. look closely for any misalignment and apply this to the appropriate part of the PSD / CPT you created above.Done once, useful often.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Hi,Excuse me for saying, but I do not think Stormpup`s solution ( which is generally spoken correct) is of any help with solving the problem this topic was started with.As I stated before the easiest way to get things in line is using FSRepaint ( the demo version wil do perfectly ).I know some people will say Leen is wrong it cannot be done with the demo version.Well... it actually can be done with the demo version.Drawings made with the demo version cannot be saved that`s correct.Also the tools in the FSRepaint-paint programm (demo) are very limited.( in the full version using other painting programs is possible)BUT in fact they can be saved just by making screenshots.Making marking-points with the help of the demo and using the screenshots as a layer in the PSD to get things aligned will do perfectly.No need to load FS9 to see the result of your paintwork.FSRepaint is also an excellent viewer to be used during the paintingprocess.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen is wrong it ca- ;)Nope, thats a good one that I've used many times. Only thing is I've found some planes not to be able to load in to FSRepaint. I think its the models with the heavier file sizes that tend to be a problem. But other than that..

Hi Morgan,Strange enough I never had any problem with that.I certainly have no doubt about your words, it`s just new to me.Most of my repaints are small birds , and the times I laoded a big one it always worked.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi it`s me again.The subject of this topic, making a repaint for the PMDG 747 , gives no problems with loading in FSRepaint.So, when Morgan says , FSRepaint cannot be used always he is right about that and my workaround cannot be seen as the solution for all this kind of problems.For solving the problem with the PMDG747 however , my sulution is still valid.I asked a friend to try the PMDG747 in FSRepaint and it works OK.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Most of the models do seem to work though it just can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. I know I had some occassional issues getting the Aeroworx B200 in to FS Repaint.. and it required a bit of reloading it and refreshing it to get it to display.But yep, for the PMDG 747.. seems to work so go for it :)

>Hi,>Excuse me for saying, but I do not think Stormpup`s solution (>which is generally spoken correct) is of any help with solving>the problem this topic was started with.>>.......>>Leen de Jager(Oh Leen, fancy posting a photo of a real plane - see the other posting - to show your alignment on the Fokker ;-) ....that is one very pretty paint there!)Anyway, back to the alignment question nd "any help with solving the problem this topic was started with.", which was about aligning parts of different textures.>:-wave Oh but it does - that's probably because I personally can't stand FSrepaint. FSR places far too many limitations on repainting, IMHO, and these outweigh the benefits of "instant replay". I personally do not find FSR capable of the detail I like to see. (see images)But let's not get into an argument about "My paint kit is better than yours" :+ I did start off with FSR, I just found that I personally prefer the control you get with a Photoshop type software (Actually I prefer to use the Corel Draw Suite).If you ever get down to painting some planes like the Piper Cheyenne or the Dornier D027 (both from Digital Aviation) you'll sea what I meant in my original post. Both Paintkit makers there provide a separate texture where they have joind the fuselage sides for the painters.Now if FSR allowed you to draw lines in real time directly on a 3D image, then the paints below would have been easier. pirelli_preview_2.jpgFinal_2_VFR_2.jpgAnd, as I suggested, the extra work of making a grid for your paint, is worth it - especially (perhaps) when one part of the plane is to a differeent scale than the other. In this example, the lines on both fuselage and fin are all 10 pixels apart in the textures, but on the mdl...small_tail_left.jpgOr you can get a plane where the whole of one side, including the fin, fits in one texture ;)Geneva3.jpgBesides, the best paints are those you sweated blood and tears on. All the best and do enjoy whichever painter you use.Chris. AKA Eagleskinner AKA Stormpup

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel