Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Best De Havilland Beaver Panel?

Guys can anybody recommend a really excellent panel for the Dehavilland beaver? I am not a regular bush flyer, but just discovered the awesome float plane version in the library by Fred Choate and co. I thought the plane fantastic, but the panel was just average. Would love to find a panel thats as awesome as the model.Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go download the Beaver 3-pack for FS2000 (believe it is beaver7.zip or something). That seems to have a better panel and sounds, but the model isn't as complex (that can be a good thing to some comps).

Agreed with Zack. The Beaver 3 pack by Fred Banting has a panel by Yannick Lavigne that's superb!Dave

Thanks guys! This panel worked out to be excellent!Only thing I would love is how to upgrade the radios to modern oneswith autopilot etc? I figure that in the year 2003, anybody flying this thing today would have upgraded the radio stack.thanks again!!Eric

I upgraded my avionics. No LCD screens. But, added enough to do some serious IFR. Added an EGT yesterday. There is no Transponder in the stack. I just didn't have room.

Have you moved any gauges or radios around in the panel cfg? If not, I'll help you sort thru it.Joe Sumrall[big]B[/bIG]USH [bIG]F[/bIG]LYING [bIG]U[/bIG]NLIMITED ...at home in the wild[/b

Not necessarily. From what I read from real-world pilots who fly the Beaver in Alaska, few Beavers have an autopilot, most being hand-flown the whole time.Alastair