Sign in to follow this  
Guest theundertaker1998

anything new yet

Thanks for your promt answer. I sent you an email this morning... did you got it? Just to know..Thanks a lotGiorgio La PiraFS-GS.com

Giorgio La Pira

Guest jimmy_lin_zhi

>the current setup is>>main panel >main zoom panel (PFD, ND, EICAS) - undockable>Overhead panel - undockable>Pedestal panel - undockable>CDU - undockable>Radio panel - undockable>>any VC is going to be tough on frames, depends on your PC>specs>>John>PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpgNot true exactly. Level D and PMDG have done their latest packages with VC and yet the FPS with them are very good as well with Level D being the best I have used.See if you guys can follow their style of coding with maybe less pixels or something in the VC?Regards,James

Guest Knikolaes

Agreed. LDS made a VC that has next to no hit on my frames at all, and I have a computer that is low end. PMDG's new 747 as well had next to no hits at all. Yet I have GA aircraft with little cockpits and few gauges who's VC's kill my frames. So the VC can indeed be made to be light on frame hits. And the LDS 767 and PMDG 747 load almost instantly compared to other VCs.

also, will the gauges in the virtual cockpit be smooth?I don't know for the LDS 767 as I don't own it but I saw in a video featuring it that the gauges are "slow" maybe I'm wrong, please tell me. However the airbus VC gauges are.looking forward to this bird.Nathan

From past experience, the PSS VC's have been better than most others on FR's.

Eric 

Guest Knikolaes

Uhm . .. I am confused on that one . . . By "slow" are we talking delayed reaction or something? (e.g. The aircraft begins a bank and the HSI reacts late to show it?)Never had an issue like that with PSS. Had it with a couple of FSD planes, but never with PSS.

Knikolaes, that is exactly what I mean, but I was still thinknig about the VC.I really don't have any pbs in the 2d panel, as my system allows me to set the performance settings to 0 for all instruments, but it looks like the gauges in the VC aren't as smooth... or maybe I'm just a little too fussy :-) thanks Nathan

Guest MD11_FLYER

Previews look awesome, are there gonna be any night panel lighting for the cockpit like floods or how you guys did in the FS2002 with the orange look? It would be nice to have two types of lighting.

Guest Knikolaes

**shrugs** Not sure. Like I said I am running a low end system, but still have no issues running framerates with PSS aircraft. I still can't wait till Wednesday because I finally have a couple of upgrades coming for my machine.So far what i am running now (until the upgrades come in the mail) is:400W PS (soon to be 500W)ABIT IC-7G MotherboardPMY nVidia Verto 9800 GT 256MB video card4GB PNY DDR-400 (PC3200) memory2 400GB SATA Hard Drives, 250GB of which are alloted to Flight Sim directory and 250 alloted to Flight Sim ultilities and downloads.Right now though I have an overheating problem which DOES effect frames on some of my megascenery and Ultimate Terrain add-ons, but that situation hits me even in default AC. This week I am getting new PS, and water cooling. Hopefully that will help a bit. I have all sliders, including realism, maxed, and that gets me every time on FSD aircraft. After I read your post last night I went in and looked at my PSS A340 and gauges went smoothly.I forget but I **think** there is a setting somewhere to effect draw rate on your PSS Gauges. PSS correct me if I am wrong, please. I havent been in the CFG programs for my fleet in a long time -- just the load managers.

Guest rennman

to unsubscribe i was instructed to go to "user menu" at the top of the page...of course i couldn't find it

Guest Knikolaes

>to unsubscribe i was instructed to go to "user menu" at the>top of the page...of course i couldn't find itIt's there **smiles** Click "TOP" then click on user menu :-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.