Sign in to follow this  

Question for Lonnie payne --- Visible =1?

G'day Lonnie.Your 757 panel.cfg file is arranged so that all the sub-panels load up when the aircraft is loaded (via the Visible=1 line) . You say in your readme file that this is neccesary . I have also noticed that Oleksiy Frolov has all his Dash8 sub-panels load at startup. For his aircraft , I have set al the relevant Visible =1 lines to visible =0 and everything works Ok.I am just wondering if you could further explain why these sub-panels must be loaded at startup.But thanks greatly for your panel -- I don't know where you get the time/energy/knowledge/talent to create such a thing. :)Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Barry,I think I know the answer to this. Note, I said "I think." In previous versions of FS sub panels would load on top of one another in the order they were listed in the panel.cfg file, not so with FS2002. They will overlay in the order in which [/u]you[/] bring them up. I can't think of an example off the top of my head but it would be like 0 (main) should be on the bottom and 1 next and 2 after that. If you start up your aircraft and the first sub panel you bring up is #2 then you bring up #1 then #1 will be on top of the stack covering #2 and it'll remain that way for the rest of the session. I think Lonnie has set view=1 on the sub panels so they appear in the order he intended. Hope this makes sense and I hope I'm right.

But I still fail to see why it is neccesary to have all the sub-panels load on loadup of the aircraft. What would happen if only the main panel has the visible =1 line and all others have visible =0. No other aircraft that I know of load up there sub-panels this way (except Oleksiy Frolovs' Dash8).Just curious really -- and also because I don't rellay like it this wat :)Barry

I've seen some panels that were set up this way because there were certain gauges that had to be displayed in order to start working. Starting up the panel this way was just to ensure that all the gauges are in operation. I don't know if this particular panel behaves like that but that could be why it is setup this way.

You are exactly right. The gauges on the panels that are opened "talk" to gauges on other panels. If a gauge on the overhead talks to a gauge on the main panel and the overhead is not opened at the start then the panel will crash. After the initial load you can do what you like. I designed the simicons ao the top 4 icons are the panels that are opened. After opening you can turn the simicons on and quickly select the top 4 and you are on your way. As a result of this the panels are also displayed on the correct layer as descriv=bed above.Lonny