Sign in to follow this  
EdS1945

What is causing this

Guest NormanB

It was used for debugging. You can hide it by clicking view and unticking the wx radar.The radar in the panel will continue to work.

>I thought I saw somewhere else that it's the weather radar's>'home' window. Did you right-click close it?>Sure I can close it, still I don't think it should be there.Another curiousity, whenever I close the overhead panel, the FMC and the Radio panel show up!.Hope this is a bug being fixed now.Ed

Just out of curiosity, will the radar range setting be linked to the ND's range setting? Currently they seem unlinked (I can change the ND range, but none of the echos seen move regardless of the underlaying range setting)? Or have I missed a knob to change the radar's range?

Strange. I can change the ND range setting all day long but the echos from the radar don't adjust their position on the screen in the slightest when I do so. It's not a matter of tilt, I have echos on-screen, but when I pull in the range the closer echos should go relatively farther away, and come closer in when decreasing the range (just like TCAS intruders when adjusting their range). Navaids, etc move around, but the radar derived displays just don't change at all for me.

Guest NormanB

And as per that manual, things are not instant and wont change until 8 seconds later on the next sweep.

Hm. OK, guess I'll mess around with it a little more. I understood the manual to say that it won't update new detections until 8 seconds later (next sweep, as in moving the tilt etc), but whatever is drawn on the display now should (at least does in my experience with onboard radars, stormscopes, and nexrad) rescale immediately. Guess it's a limitation in the way this device is modeled in FS?

It doesn't change instantly on the aircraft either.

ki9cAAb.jpg

K, not having flown anything that big I'll have to take your word for it. It just seems wierd to me that the stuff I've flown behind rescales (even the real low-end stuff like the KMD 550, GNS4/530, G1000 w/GDL69A) (not detect and re-draw new things, just re-scale what's already on the display - this is horizontal distance only) when the range knob is changed and the stuff on jetliners doesn't.Anyway, EOT.Luck.

Guest KL204

Now we are talking here about the 2D-panel, I have another problem.All the subwindows (FMC, pedestal, radios, ect.) appearing behind the mainpanel instead on front. Is it just me with this bug?I hope for a solution.Cees

Apart from being ok :( the solution is start every flight with default cessna stop engines and load the 777 :-)Andr

André

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.