Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

So far, No Bobbling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Gang!I have been noticing certain posts on "Bobbling" at cruise altitude. I am currently on a test flight from KDFW - KMIA using ASV Real Weather and 100% AI. Loaded up a flight plan on my CDU and so far, life has been good. I did have a little tail strike on takeoff (probably my own fault), but so far, there has been no Bobbling whatsoever. Are we sure people are loading this thing properly and entering the proper information in the CDU????? I can see this aircraft struggling to achieve altitude and possibly "Bobble" if the weight - thrust ratings are off or if the weights are too high for the altitude required.I have to disagree with some of you so far. I will continue to test and see, but so far, I just entered the Gulf of Mexico, on my way to Ft. Myers to start my descent, and it's been flawless.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Pro-Sim

Dennis,Yes, loading correctly. Although I agree it is possible to avoid 'bobbing' by adopting a 'conservative' cruise level (up to FL310 with a medium loading) and avoiding Step climbs.But there is some bobbing at the upper level of what should be acceptable cruise levels for a given weight.David.

Hi,but that couldn`t be the thing....A B777 is a long ranger and therefor she fliesusually at 33000 - 40000 feet.CheersMario G

David/Dennis,At the moment I'm enroute ESSA-EGLL at FL380 with an OPT/MAX of FL377/412, absolutely rock steady - and it's been like that since I levelled off. Using a CI of 0, my gross weight is about 221 tonnes and auto-trim has settled somewhere between 7.75 and 8, I'm using ASVenhanced.As a test I just tried climbing to FL412, the only effect was that the AoA went from 2.8 to 3.9, but the 777 was again rock steady.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi Soren,Did you tried Speed 2 or 4 times....??Would you please trie that for me and reporthow she goes....CheersMario G

Mario,Sorry, not this flight, I'm logging it for my VA, but I'll try at a later stage.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

SorenThanks,and if you do itjust watch her from Spot view.....It looks like she`s slowly jumping over waves.Cheersand happy landingsMario G

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.