Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

PSS 757 Q&A and issues thread

>...just to add that i've seen this also reported twice on>another site: either sluggish or needing multiple clicks for>it to react.In my eyes it seems to be a drawing problem. When I click, sometimes pages don't occur. But when I move the CDU on the screen the thecorrect page is displayed.

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Guest Knikolaes

I have the same issue. Closing and reopening the CDU is my particular mathod to get the page to display.

Guest Cris

Same for me when click in VNAV prompt in the CDU in certain situations of the flight.(es.Cruise).Solution=close and open the CDU.Other issue is altitude warning and DH "app. in minimums" without sound.Cristiano

Same display freeze happend to me on the EHSI display in VC view - after changing the display mode or range sometimes the display was not updated any more. Switching to 2D panel and back to VC cured it.Besides from that - congratulations to the PSS team, that's a fine bird :-beerchug EDIT: ups - forgot to sign ;)CheersAlbert

Guest blueskies

Hey guys thanks for the wonderful aircarft.one question thou, i cant seem to find the no vc model.many thanksRAJ

Guest Knikolaes

It's an installation choice. When you install, choose if you want VC or NO VC installed during the install process. I am not sure what happens if you try to install both, as i am strictly a VC flier.

Hi, Christopher, good question, I have tried but now the server seems busy, so aborted the installation.My issue; (both 757 and 777 patched )in VNAV ,excessive angle in descent, -3500-4000ft/min, seems exaggerated, doesn

Guest CharlesHM

Hello PSS:Thanks for a great product, thanks very much. I have noticed when I select for example 10,000 feet for a cruise, it does not stay at there. It seems to go up and down and does not maintain stable flight. I put in Alt of 10,000 feet for example, Push the Alt Hold and the CMD is on along with Flight director, the aircraft just does not want to maintain that altitude. The CDU is programed for altitude of 10,000 feet for very short flight LAX to SAN. Any suggestions? I did load this product yesterday after purchasing it late last night. Am I the only one. Thanks for your assistance.Charles Huckelbery

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi, Christopher, good question, I have tried but now the>server seems busy, so aborted the installation.>>My issue; (both 757 and 777 patched )in VNAV ,excessive angle>in descent, -3500-4000ft/min, seems exaggerated, doesn

Guest blueskies

Well i have problems on taxiing this aircraft. its so hard

I'm just speculating here, I might be talking total utter rubbish but...The images used in the panel and its gauges are HUGE. The panel is designed around a 2048 (pixels horizontally) resolution, which is massive. I'm just thinking this could be part of the cause of poor frames in the 2D cockpit that some people report.I was wondering if PSS would be willing to issue a patch to users with lesser computers which would downgrade this to a more average 1024 or 1280 to help improve our frames? I understand this is a fair bit of work as it means resizing many of the bitmaps used in the gauges, not just the panel background and rejig of the panel cfg. Anyway its just an idea for something PSS could issues later on once they've done the first SP.Chris

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest Chris Smith

Just dont corner going 30 knots, you should slow to about 5 knots on corners. Also, taxi this plane as if you were driving an 18 wheeler. Chris SmithCompuer Specs:Dell Dimension 83000Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz Processor Speed: 2.73 GHz Memory (RAM): 1024 MB Graphics: ATI RADEON 9800 XT (512MB)

I mentioned this elsewhere, but will put it here with the rest of the 'issues'Nothing major, but when any patch is released, please paint the Ram Air Turbine, as it currently has no texture!I have no other problems (other than those already mentioned with the released plane) and have completed several flights both flying by hand and by AP...The only thing I don't like is the autobrake... any chance of making it disarm as in real life? (I think you mentioned in another post that the aircraft just uses the default autobrake code) Bit annoyed when I used it that I had to manually disarm it... unless I'm doing something wrong... (shouldn't it disarm when you apply thrust?)Anyway, other than that... great aeroplane!

Guest Knikolaes

I **think** that even by default FS code it disarms when you apply thrust below a certain speed -- like 30 knots I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, someone. I don't use Autobrake much so I don't know the specifics. Doing most of my flights as of late for Southwest on a 737, I'm not even allowed to touch the Autobrake ROFL.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.