Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

PSS 757 Q&A and issues thread

Guest blueskies

THanks for the reply. i do have a problem now, my textures in rr model won come out when i load it. only the tail and wing repaints comes out and the vnav its not very stable when climbing and descending for ex, if i climb the a/c slows down but when i descend it desncends like a rocket going throught a 5000ft descent. oh one more thing why does it need more power to taki this thing? Crikey!;-)

Chris:Interesting observation, so I went ahead, after backing up the original file, and tried reducing the main 2D panel bitmap using a commercial "crunching" program and - my frames still suck! :-lol You may be right about the gauge file sizes being the culprits here.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hello, I know this has been asked before, I used the serch but no luck, My question is where can I get the American Airlines with winglets?

Hello!First of all let me say thanks to PSS for a wonderful product!I'm loving it! :)I've noticed one thing that seems odd.Whenever I try to 'park' the ILS frequency on the CDU NAV/RAD page the frequency that's 'parked' is the one that's autotuned at the time you try to park the ILS frequency and not the frequency of the ILS itself.For example, on Approach to EHAM's 06 runway ILS I attempted to park the ILS frequency before turning final. The ILS frequency was correctly listed in the Park area as 110.55/061. I clicked the LSK next to the 110.55/061/Park and 110.55/061 showed up in the scratch pad. I clicked again in the same spot and 113.95 tuned into the Park area instead of the 110.55. The Course remained at 061 but the frequency was incorrect.I've been able to duplicate this every time I've tried to park the frequency before the system does so automatically.Not major - but does make me frown from time to time :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Chase87

I too had the same problem as above

I was having that problem too, the left radio would keep switching back to another freq. Then I looked at the radio on the main panel and clicked the button from auto to manual. Then when I parked the ils, it stayed. Can't wait for the load editor and hopefully the fuel planner.

John K

Guest monkshood

I had the CDU lock up on me. Each tim eI exited and returned a different page was showing?>CDU started out fine, but as i was about to taxi (15mins>loaded time) it became very sluggish near not responding. >Allowed me to use it before landing though.>>Might just see if anyone gets the same prob>>Cheers>>Ben

The Bad...- EMER LGTS cannot be switched on. The switch guard works but the actual switch does not. (This is a NO-GO item and the aircraft cannot be placed into revenue service without it :-) )- AUTO BRAKES should disarm automatically upon touchdown once manual braking is applied.- FMC did not autoselect ILS FREQ once the last waypoint is FAF or RWY. Had to manually override and enter the ILS manually.- SOUNDS - well, simply put, not realistic.- VC is WAY too plastic. 757's are all END-OF-LIFE at Boeing and have been well used. Textures should be updated to show a litte wear or a scratch or two...- Have not changed the IMPROPER aural warnings on startup and shutdown from the 777! Guys, you DO NOT hear these warnings during normal OPS!!!!! This was pointed out back with the 777 and it found its way to the 757 - that makes NO sense to me.The GOOD...I LOVE this aircraft!!! The above bad points I found not-withstanding handflying the 7-5 is a joy, take-off (with a PROPER DERATE) is spot-on.On my initial shakedown delivery flight from PHNL to KLAX to put our new 757 into service, the above problems were all that I found. Of course I have no experience in a real 757 so APU spoolup times, flap disagree lights, et al are not going to play a factor in my overall enjoyment...albeit, can ruin someone else's if indeed they are not correct.At this point, the PSS 757 has no more bugs upon release than the LDS 767 or PMDG 747. The small amount of fixes needed is accpetable to me). I was very hesitant to make this purchase from PSS, but I can say that my faith has been restored. I am VERY hard on all payway developers and I don't feel the need to be patient when my money has been outlaid on a product (I have no pity). STILL, for what I got for the $$$ in this PSS release (and the 777 update) I'm DEFINITELY willing to work around the issues pending further fixes from PSS.For what it's worth, I'd say an overall pat on the back is forthcoming to PSS.

Guest NormanB

Thanks for the very constructive post Mike. As stated elsewhere, there are some issues we continue to work on.On an aside, the 777 patch has just been updated to have the panel.cfg in the proper location. We remain committed to working through issues customers have where they feel the aircraft isnt as advertised. To clarify my initial point (should somebody try to bring it back against me or PSS) this doesnt include features that were never intended, such as but not limited to terrain radar, electronic flight bag, fire handles, etc. Whilst there may be additional features added (like we did in retrofitting traffic advisories and a fix page to name but a couple) the thrust of any service updates will be focused on incorrect behavior.Thanks,

Guest Knikolaes

Hey Mike,I agree with you on all pojnts. One thing though -- on the EMERG LIGHTS switch, is that from the VC or 2D? I as well cannot get it to work in VC (like the click spot just isnt there) but in 2D I can adjust the actual switch itself. In the VC it looks like i can only open and close the guard, but not set the switch. Up until your post I was starting to think I was the only one with that issue.

Guest kdundon

When are the Fuel and weight programs going to be released? I waited a week to find out

Guest NormanB

Ken,Ive mentioned a couple of places over the past few days that some tests are being done to make sure the measures I have implimented to the utilities don't cause issues with legitimate copies of the 757.Once I am happy they wont then they will be released.

Looks like the problem is only in the VC. I did venture into the 2D pit and did find that the switch worked there and did reflect as 'armed' in the VC. With that we did get our airworthiness certificate and the 757 is officially in service :-)I think that goes to show that those of us using the VC are in a very small minority becuase there is no way something that causes an ECAS alert in the VC could be missed!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.