Sign in to follow this  
Guest ixion27

Pitch issue

Guest ixion27

Hi all im new here, ive just downloaded the fabulous Pss757 and it is excellent. brilliant work and well worth the wait.However i have a slight issue with the aircrafts pitch during cruse.Ive just flew from EGNT - EGSS, at FL220, IAS 314knots, but the pitch of the aircraft visually looks like it is flying ever so slighty nose down. the only settings i have changed is the fuel load all tanks 30%. weather defualt MSFS "fair weather".Apart from this everything seems fine, would be grateful if anyone could help me with this issue.Regardsedd

Guest ixion27

hey thanx, ive saw this setting in other fmcs but i hasnt had a noticable affect to the performance of the flight.what is the CG% and how is it calculated?regardsedd

When you say that you changed the fuel to 30% in all tanks I take it you changed the fuel using the default FS9 Fuel planner? Use the PSS setup tool to modify fuel.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest firehawk44

Yes, the CG value has to be set properly. I set my fuel load at 50% most of the time through the PSS "set" menu. I hope you're using that menu to configure your fuel on-board and not the default FS9 fuel load. Then, when filling in the CDU enter 23% CG. Works great for me! I recall PSS (Norman) stating in another thread that setting the CG at 22% will work most of the time. Hope this helps.Best regards,JimYoung

Guest ixion27

cheers guys thank for the help:-)

Guest kaysee10man

CG is the Center of Gravity, and no you don't adjust it from the CDU. Every aircraft has a mean aerodynamic chord or MAC. The MAC is the average chord of the wing. The center of lift is the theoretical point at which the total lift of the airfoil is concentrated. It is usually equal to one-third of MAC. The relationship between the center of lift and the CG determines the balance of the aircraft. The CG percentage that you see in the FMC is the percentage of the MAC in which the actual aircraft's CG is. For example, if the MAC was 100 inches long, and the actual CG or balancing point of the aircraft was at 24 inches of the MAC, the airplane CG would be at 24%MAC. The manufacturer establishes maximum foward and aft limits on CG. The actual CG of any aircraft is adjusted by the placement of cargo, passengers, or fuel. The CG input in the CDU is for the calculation of the stab trim setting for takeoff. It has nothing to do with setting the aircraft's pitch (at least not in the real airplane it doesn't). The pitch of the airplane inflight is a function actual aircraft CG, stab trim, and airspeed, not what you input in the CDU.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.