Sign in to follow this  
Guest dobova

First Flight after 777 patch SP2

Guest matsuman

The way i'm reading this, some of you probably don't have the correct aircraft or panel cfg file.Just uninstall everything and start all over again. Before you do this, check your aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files and make note of their dates (assuming you did not mess with these before).I believe this is how things are...For JF777:* Download the JF777 patch at that site to make it 1.1 ver.* Download the 777 patch ver 2 (not from your files) zip file from the PSS site.* Install your CD JF777, install the patch from JF and install the patch from the PSS site.* Now check your panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg and make sure it has the current date. The latest panel.cfg is on that PSSB7704 folder and not the actual 777 panel folder. This turned out weird during the patch ver 2 installation.For PSS purchase:* Install the installer again (1.1)* Download the 777 patch ver 2 (not from your files) zip file from the PSS site and install. Now check your panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg and make sure it has the current date. The latest panel.cfg is on that PSSB7704 folder and not the actual 777 panel folder. This turned out weird during the patch ver 2 installation.Thanks,Kin M. (Klax)

>The way i'm reading this, some of you probably don't have the>correct aircraft or panel cfg file.>Just uninstall everything and start all over again. Before you>do this, check your aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files and make>note of their dates (assuming you did not mess with these>before).>I believe this is how things are...>For JF777:>* Download the JF777 patch at that site to make it 1.1 ver.>* Download the 777 patch ver 2 (not from your files) zip file>from >the PSS site.>* Install your CD JF777, install the patch from JF and install>the >patch from the PSS site.>* Now check your panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg and make sure it>has the >current date. The latest panel.cfg is on that PSSB7704 folder>and not the actual 777 panel folder. This turned out weird>during the patch ver 2 installation.>>For PSS purchase:>* Install the installer again (1.1)>* Download the 777 patch ver 2 (not from your files) zip file>from >the PSS site and install.> Now check your panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg and make sure it>has the >current date. The latest panel.cfg is on that PSSB7704 folder>and not the actual 777 panel folder. This turned out weird>during the patch ver 2 installation.>>Thanks,>Kin M. (Klax)>>>Hi Kin,This is exactly what I have done.I have the JF version and I patched with JF v 1.1 and after that with V2 from JF site. This is the correct way isn't it? In version 2, the .air file seems to remain the same as in version 1 is it correct PSS???thanks for your helpYves

Hi,Here is an update.I made a test flight today with the B777-200LR instead of the B777-300ER.The VNAV issue IS STILL present but the wing rocking from left to right on approach is not present.As stated hereabove, the graphic glitch in the VC is not present also.Is there a way to copy the 777-200LR VC to the 777-300ER folder??Concerning the VNAV.Here is how it happens.When reaching ToD, the plane dives to catch up the path (that's normal) after a while, it comes to the center position but only for a few second.Immediately after, you see that you are 2000 ft above the descent path,plane respond with a steep dive and large increase in speed.If I do nothing I'll go down.The only way to counteract,engage FLCH and decrease speed.Funny to see such a behaviour after almost a year of development (two service packs taking 5 months each).I would like to see PSS taking these problems seriously.There is now dozens of answers and only one from Norman.Unfortunately it is useless.The PATCH I USED IS THE CORRECT ONE !!!!!!! so please do me a favor and stop replying about that PSS vs JustFlight thing.I am ready to give everything support would need to solve that problem just give me a contact name (flight plans,procedures used etc etc..) if at least you would consider the problem seriously.I don't want to wait another 5 months for a third service pack,this must be solved by a quick fix ASAP.RegardsYves

Guest abulaafia

Your description of VNAC behaviour is exactly what I see. I have a strong suspicion that there is a programming error, for VNAV seems to enter FLCH mode without any limit to VS. Furthermore, I noticed that when flying level, SPD, *below* optimum descent path, the plane also dives upon activating VNAV, before levelling out. That too is entirely unrealistic. For the time being, until PSS acknowledge the problem, I advise fellow aviators to descend using a fixed VS. Let's just say the maintenance sheet on this aircraft reads "VNAV inop - do not use for managed descent". For what it's worth that is the only bug so far in Patch 2 -- no more CTDs, CDU freeze-ups, and as I said -- frame rates are up.

>Your description of VNAC behaviour is exactly what I see. I>have a strong suspicion that there is a programming error, for>VNAV seems to enter FLCH mode without any limit to VS. >>Furthermore, I noticed that when flying level, SPD, *below*>optimum descent path, the plane also dives upon activating>VNAV, before levelling out. That too is entirely unrealistic.>>>For the time being, until PSS acknowledge the problem, I>advise fellow aviators to descend using a fixed VS. Let's just>say the maintenance sheet on this aircraft reads "VNAV inop ->do not use for managed descent". >>For what it's worth that is the only bug so far in Patch 2 -->no more CTDs, CDU freeze-ups, and as I said -- frame rates are>up.I got a mail from PSS support (Steven) this morning telling me that this behaviour is perfectly normal. So I am afraid that we will have to stick with it.the wing rocking effect is also normalAs a conclusion, the 777 won't be fixed anymore.great news. I love PSS support. (sarcastic). PMDG and LDS are wrong,PSS is the only add-on having a realistic ILS tracking and only on the 777-300ER (joke of the day probably)RegardsYves

yawni havent even downloaded the patch 2, having so many problems with it in the first instance and then take 12 months to release a patch which doesnt even fix the main problems, ive basically given up, still flying my trusted 737NG which is way over 2 years old.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>With regards to the wing rocking .. try to keep with in your>VREF speed ( VREF+5 knots is best ) , i have no problems with>the B777-300 if i plan the fuel right and keep with in VREF>speed ( a real pilot mate of mine explained it to me ) when>using the autopilot on approach, It you fly below this speed>the ac may become unbalanced hence the possable wing rocking>effect .> So PSS are correct on this point , not sure about the VNAV ,>i tend to use the VSI up to about 2500 FPM .>> Rich Normally I fly the approach on AP at 2 or 3 knots above vref. I'll try at vref +5 and report. But what I don't understand is the fact that it doesn't happen with the 777-200LR even if I fly the approach at vref +2. There is a clear difference between those two planes.any way thanks for your helpregardsYves

Guest gat12

None of this still adresses the issuse that this second patch has not fixed anything for some of us. Is anyone from PSS going to address this or are we going to be stuck with an aricraft that doesnt operate the way it was advertised.Brian

Guest The_Glideslope

WowThis thread is on fire!Some questions:Are you guys complaining about ILS track being too sensitive on the descent prior or after patch V2?What's your speed? If you place the airport altitude on the MCP where does the green altitude reach curved line go? Does it jump around or sticks to the airport fix like it should? Do you see a "MORE DRAG" warning and at what alt/speed does this happen in relation to T/D point (top of descent)? At what altitude do you press LOC and/or APP? What's you fuel load and are your CG/Gross Weight properly calculated?Because what you are saying to me here, I can't reproduce and I am neither a pilot or a Boeing manufacturer, but I seem to operate this plane by the books and I can't see these problems on the 777.The 757 on the other hand, is "touchy" and I do feel some imperfections in VNAV, but not in the T7.Don't get me wrong, I DO want to reproduce this! I want to see my plane fail too so that I may see what's going on!

Guest gat12

I dont get the wing problems, but I am still having to close and open the cdu to get the pages turned. The aircraft will not either decend or climb when the altitude is changed in the mcp and cdu, it actually does nothing, jst stays at the level its at I have to use the v/s to change altitude.Brian

Guest VetJet

>If this issue could be solved, in my opinion, this is the best>ac I have in my hangar.>>Thanks.>>Miquel Egea.Ehm? I like the plane myself, but let's not get carried away here :)Whadzen

Guest NormanB

>yawnIts what I think every time I see one of your posts Clayton.>i havent even downloaded the patch 2, So why should I even read your posts if you cant be bothered to update when patches are available?>having so many problems with it in the first instance and then take 12 >months to release a patch Obviously time travels differently where you live. It was 5 months with a second patch 5 months later but then you knew that but wouldnt want something like the truth to get in the way, eh? As it stands, we could release a patch every day but since you wont bother to download them, why sould we bother to release them.>which doesnt even fix the main problems, You havent downloaded it so you know this how?>ive basically given up, still flying my trusted 737NG which is>way over 2 years old.Thats nice for you. Enjoy.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.