Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

Cold weather starts with PSS 777

The PSS 757 is pretty variable in how it starts at low OAT. I found sometimes it would start, sometimes not, depending on what N2 it cranked to, amongst other things. I think someone made an attempt to make overall engine start times look right by increasing the minimum N2 for ignition to just less than the maximum motoring N2. At standard day conditions this looks OK, but the model just doesn't work at low OAT, because the N2 doesn't quite get there most times.You would not wait 1 minute in the real world with fuel and ignition but no EGT rise. The start would be aborted long before that.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

777Yes - a good spot and certainly some early rw jets needed the odd work around to start in extreme weathers [although I doubt the 777 falls into this category].757Seems to have a limit of -6C. At this temp its starts ok but, on my installation, at -7C it refuses to light up no matter how long the delay.John Rooum

Dear friends,I've just remebered that similar situation accured in ERJ145**.The solution was changing in erj.ini, section Engines desription groundFuelValve to 22.0 instead of 24.0.Now, I'm at work and can't check this. I do realy know even is there file *.ini and Engines section in 757 PSS. But, maybe someone could check it.RegardsGwidon

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.