Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Re: VNAV Climb patch

Just read the locked post regarding the VNAV climb issues with the 757. What is causing this massive delay? To quote from one of Stevens posts:"The FDE's are in the workshop at this time, and there will be a release of newer files later today, and after working with real B757 captains we hope to have the VNAV climb issue fixed and incorporated into the second update, which we hope to release in the coming days."(Post #19920, Thur 22 March)This was posted AFTER the POSKY FDE problem was found. It clearly states that the VNAV climb issue would be fixed and out in the "coming days". It seems coming months would have been a more accurate statement.I post this because to be quite frank, I'm really getting fed up purchasing products from PSS and having them sit idle on my hard drive while I wait months and months for patches to solve major issues. It happened with the 777, and now with the 757. I even waited a few months after the 757 release before purchasing it, and still have the frustrating wait for patches while posts about it are locked and no news forthcoming.I wonder if I will be entitled to a refund from PSS on the grounds that they have failed to provide me with what was advertised...

Guest Phoenix5

Quote: The FDE's are in the workshop at this time, and there will be a release of newer files later today, and after working with real B757 captains we hope to have the VNAV climb issue fixed and incorporated into the second update, which we hope to release in the coming days."(Post #19920, Thur 22 March)The new files were released on that day, new updated FDE files have been available for many weeks.As to the VNAV fix, it will be released as part of the v1.3 patch. Whilst we are aware of what is causing the issue, the difficulty is giving the correct climb powers yet still having enough power in other stages of flight and ground handling. How do we fix this without breaking that scenario, as has been experienced with the elevator fix, which is causing further delay of the v1.3 patch. We will not be releasing part patches.

Thank you for the explanation that I was waiting for.I am very afraid though that we shall never see a good 757 if you say that you struggle to cope with the various sets of power required to fly the aircraft. Unless a miracle happens.Too sad.Thank youRegardsghiom Viguie

You need to have a little more faith, dude. Don't jump to conclusions. He said it was a "struggle" which means it'll simply take a little more work and ingenuinty to accomplish. He didn't say it was impossible.

Guest jaglover

>You need to have a little more faith, dude. Don't jump to>conclusions. He said it was a "struggle" which means it'll>simply take a little more work and ingenuinty to accomplish. >He didn't say it was impossible.>>A liitle more faith? It's been 9 months since the 757 was released. How much more faith is appropriate? I don't think it's unfair so say that most people have lost _all_ faith in PSS. I know I'm not expecting anything from PSS in the patch department for, well, another 9 months.Mark

I have a feeling that things are changing. Please have faith and maybe you'll see a new direction in the group! I have faith things will get better.

Guest baxtersmith

I agree...I'm confident we'll get the patch, and probably before too long. I've been a customer of Phoenix for years and I've learned it's worth the wait with something like this.Baxter

Guest jaglover

>I agree...I'm confident we'll get the patch, and probably>before too long. I've been a customer of Phoenix for years>and I've learned it's worth the wait with something like>this.>>BaxterPerhaps. Your statement begs the question, though, of why does PSS continually releases products months and months before the product is ready? As it stands now the 757 was released 9 months before it should have been. It's almost 4 months since the fuel planner was released (and released 4-5 months _after_ promised) and it too was flawed - it has an issue with .net runtimes that's still not fixed.If you bought a brand new car would you be happy waiting 9 months for the manufacturer to make it run properly?Mark

"The new files were released on that day, new updated FDE files have been available for many weeks." Could someone please point me to the place where the new FDE files are located? Looked on the Phoenix site but could find nothing.Thanks in advance.Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest Phoenix5

Download a fresh base installer from the website. Run the installer, selecting the rebuild config option.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.