Sign in to follow this  
cconesa

B757 and outside view effect on Frames

Hi,Yes I have the last version 1.3 and I have take the version without the virtual cockpit....And me too I can make long flight that's not the problem but if I switch too much outside view - cockpit during my flight the memory increase gently till the memory is full and if the airport at the end of my flight is complex the system has not enough memory to display and I get an error. (fe.dll for example or g3d.dll)Try it but it is not necessary to fly just stay at gate, watch the taskbar and switch view from 2d cockpit to outside view every 20, 30 seconds many times and see what happend. Maybe it's only me :( but it's very strange....Christian

Hi, have the same problem as described. I experienced terrible stutters in the outside view and the VC view. I read in the manual somewhere in the beginning that if the user experiences stutters, one should decrease the virtual vockpit gauge quality (the slider can be found in the FS9 settings menu).After doing that the aircaft was still frame hungry but much, much smoother. The quality of the gauges did not change much.Problem no.2 was the increasing memory usage by changing the views. 2D - VC - Outside. Everytime the view is changed, the memory usage increases. That is ok so far and happens with every other aircraft too. But normaly the memory then is released sometime after the view change, close to the value before the view change. It's like the system levels the used memory by releasing it.Not so with the PSS 757! Everytime the view is changed, the memory usage increases up to a level which WinXP can not handle anymore. The result is an OOM, or fe.dll. I have also experienced this problem with the Flight1 Super80. Because of the OOM's this aircraft was not flyable for me.But to totaly confuse everybody, here comes part 2 of my OOM story. I experienced this problem with the following hardware: ASUS GF6800GT with 256 MB RAM DualCore 6600 2GB DDR400 RAM ASROCK MB Last weekend I purchased a new graphic card, a brand new SAPPHIRE RADEON X1950 Pro with 512 MB RAM. So about the first thing I did was hop into my 757 cockpit, performing a testflight from GCTS (Teneriffe) to LEMD (Madrid).I watched the memory usage very closely and could not experience any increasing memory usage. By the way, before I had an OOM over Spain during the same flight.So either it was just a lucky day or the new SAPPHIRE card did it (512MB RAM!). Ofcourse I will perorm more testflights. Regards Frank

Christian C & Chrsitian CGThe problem is to reproduce your crash. You will see from the forum that other examples of this issue have been caused by other add-ons {eg some SE Asia scenery which did enable us to reproduce the problem}.Today I tried two experiments with the Task Manager running and a clean FS9 installation:1. I ran the 757 at a hold for 1.5 hrs - I changed views several times every 10 minutes. At the end, mem useage had only increased by 10%.2. I loaded the 757 at the hold and then changed views as as fast I could - I gave up as I could not increase mem useage over about 10%.3. I have also run the 757 for max endurance - again without this issue.That said, some folks undoubtedly see this problem - perhaps it is an intereaction with another add-on. If you post here what you have I will try and reproduce.RegardsJohn R

Hi John,My test, change the view every 20 seconds and normally you'll will see the increase of the memory in the taskbar but it is not in one minute sometimes when I change the view the memory stay stable it depends on how many time you switch the view , I was at LSGG (at the gate) cold and dark cockpit (my add-on: fs navigator,fs global 2008, traffic 2005) that's all in activity).I try it with other add-on like the PSS77 here no problem the memory stay stable....My system AMD X2 4400, EGVA 8800 gtx 768 MB, 2GB CORSAIR.Christian

Had a quick check at lunchtime and used the B757 with Heathrow pro v2. Memory usage increased slightly when switching views but went back down upon returning to the cockpit 2 D view. Having said that, please bear in mind that I have no gauges installed in the VC only the bitmap of the panel. I wonder...Christian C.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.