Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice - January 23

Ok, I'm setting myself up at KSAF to go once this download is finished. (It's plugging away as fast as it can....) Based on where we are, I'm thinking of a route going south through Mexico, Central America to South America and island-hop across the pond to New Zealand & Australia, or could go east from South America and cross over to Africa....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Well, I think maybe that , although our little trial was of great value (at least to me) , it confirms my thoughts posted elsewhere in the AVSIM forums a week or so ago, that there seems to be little interest in the race.Admittedly, maybe this exercise earlier today may have been able to be better announced (no criticisms of anybody here - just trying to be "constructive".) I went online here at 6AM local time to find that others had been flying though "my nightime" . Took me awhile to wake myself up and pick up the baton at one of the stops.Anyway, I was only able to fly one leg -- I have problems connecting to Bushnet which I can't at this time solve. I can always connect when there is nobody else flying - and sometimes I can connect when there are others flying-- but it is totally "hit and miss" . I have been to other VA websites that use multiplayer as part of their operations and it appears that this is a common problem , but one for which there seems to be no answer. Anyway, I flew my leg ofline. Personally, I believe one of the biggest challenges of planning a leg (given that you don't really know if you are going to fly a particular leg until fairly close to takeoff time) is to plan to fly to an airport taking into account the 2 hour flying time allowed and the speed of your a/c. If you strike a headwind like I did , then you are definitely going to have to put down at an alternate airstrip and notify the other fliers of the change in plans -otherwise you go over the allotted 2 hours and have to start again.But, all this is a bit futile if we can only manage to gather in 3 or 4 fliers.Barry

Heading south in the B25J Bare-Metal Briefing Time...

OK - I have seen STONECOLD land at MMCS . So I'm off to Las Cruces International in my trusty C206. It'd #### dark outside at 1.30AM - hope I can find the airport . It's at 4500 feet to so I will have to see how the Cessna likes landing at that altitude.Barry

Although technically that was taking the baton before I posted it being free.... (took me a moment to convert the fsscreen .bmp to .jpg, resize it and get it uploaded here....)

KLRU-MMTC

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

ETA 1510z.Slow start (not enough coffee) and headwinds.Beautiful Mexico sunrise, though.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Low fog & mountains. Happily did not mix.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest KChapman

MMCV because minimums are best there within an hour's flight in the P-38 I'm flying. Lower elevation airport with 15SM & 3500.Here we go,Kevin

OK, I'm there waiting to take over. Will take it on to MMJA.

P-51H, about an hour estimated.I'm on Bushnet.