Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #8

Guest wt1l

Nice to see you guys again MM and jt-Do we have a route established (roughly)? From what I can gather the start point has not been announced yet. It seems clear to me that we should all agree to fly eastbound, with the prevailing winds on our backs. I have still yet to figure out why the other team went westbound last year! I'd love a close race this year.BTW - I have FSNavigator so can assist in dynamic route planning during the race if needed. Also, I saw I good idea in a previous post about "scouting the route weather." I plan to do that as well when not flying a leg.Please PM me if there's anything else I should know about behind the scenes.Best-Chris WT1L

Well the Cheyenne is not as fast as the Avanti but what a great plane. Absolutely rock solid on approach. My best landing yet. For me, this is the plane you want to be in when flying in poor conditions to an airport that has ILS.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107168.jpgFlight Log -- from The RTW-Duenna v.0.600 Rev. 43----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 17/02/2005 01:59:55 FS Time: 17/02/2005 18:57:06 Aircraft gross weight: 10905.1 lbs Location: N53

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hi Chris,Welcome Aboard.Check your PM in a bit.Regards,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest x-camel-x

sorryYou know I play flightsim online all the time on the zone and over at hovercontrol and never have any problems. Now with all this Alt Tabing between FS, Forums + up dateing posts and duenna im having a few small hicups. Thank god for dry runs.

Guest jtwillia

Hi Jason,Sorry you crashed. It does take time to get the process of flying the legs and posting results down to a smooth routine. That's one of the main reasons for the practice sessions. A comment and suggestion:You need to post a message to the forum to claim the baton. This should only be done after someone has posted their "baton free at IACO" post. Your post claiming the baton should be a reply to the top post in the active discussion thread. This will outdent each new leg. Be sure to change the topic to: "I have the baton. IACO-IACO:.This will let everyone know that you are flying the active leg and where you are going.If you had successfully completed your leg and posted the baton free with your screenshot the leg would have been declared invalid because you never claimed the baton.

I have the Baton - CYWG to KLAN (Capital City, Michigan USA) 675 miles flying Beech Starship. ETA : 7.25pm

Active is 28L.KLAN 171755Z 27017G22KT 10SM SCT039 BKN050 BKN055 M05/M13 A3000 RMK AO2

Baton is Free! @ KLAN (Capital City, Michigan, USA) Thanks jw I got that and landed perfectly.. Flight Log -- from The RTW-Duenna v.0.600 Rev. 43----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 17/02/2005 17:46:15 FS Time: 17/02/2005 11:45:48 Aircraft gross weight: 14875.5 lbs Location: N49

Takeoff right after an emergency sanitary stop, 5 minutes from now.

We should keep this practice going until at least sometime Saturday, so let's just keep flying around North America and plan to get back to KFFA late saturday night or sometime sunday morning.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest jtwillia

I've enjoyed viewing the flightsim screenshots posted in some of the prior legs including the one of my hometown airport (KDCA).I do have a couple of concerns. First is that the image width is greater than the AVSIM site policy of 800 (unless that has changed). The second concern is about thread loading times where a lot of screenshots are included in posts. I know we have to have the evidence screenshots posted. That is a requirement. My plan is to post my in-flight screenshots in the screenshot forum and post a link to them to keep the race leg threads clean. Is this the preferred approach?Jeff