Sign in to follow this  
MM

Concorde Pilots

Hi everyone,Team AVSIM needs one or two qualified Concorde pilots to win the Round the World Race now underway.We shall want to take advantage of an opportunity to cross the South Pacific from Tahiti-Christmas Island-Puerto Montt (NTAA-SCIP-SCTE) in two consecutive Concorde flights.Most of the race is for props, so you may not have been paying attention. But if you are experienced with the Concorde (and have one to fly), then you can play a supremely important role in Team AVSIM's quest to retain the Trophy.We need your help quickly--the first Concorde flight is about 15 hours away.So if you are at all interested, please post a message here. Or get in contact with the team as it is flying on mulitplayer and TeamSpeak.The Multiplayer address is: 24.30.147.25The TeamSpeak addresses are: 58.234.180.151 (primary) and bn.turbulentsky.com (secondary)You need not fly online or use TeamSpeak to play this critical role.If you have the skills, and the interest, please do volunteer.Thanks from the team,Mike (and all)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

I have the PSS Concorde and have a great deal of time in this bird. If I understand the timing of this post correctly (0350 Zulu?), then the flight falls right in my ballpark. Can standby for either flight.Alex

Thanks. With Chris who has experience and me who'll be practicing like mad from tonight we should have pilots.

Alex & Jeroen,Let's go with experienced guys here. Don't want to strain our resouces. And this is not a good time to be learning--unless we have no other options.Jeroen, let us know how your learning curve is progressing. We surely need one dependable "backup" even if we have more experience volunteers.Alex, I now think that we may be longer than that in arriving at Tahiti. Not sure, though.Still, we could use more "Concorde" hands to be sure that we can cover the appropriate time slot when the team arrives at Tahtit. (We'll know more about the ETA as the day goes on.)Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Jeroen, Mike is right!Do not tempt fate....The concorde is not an easy plane to fly, nor to land. If you have calculated your ldg speed to 170, then 170 it must be - not 171 or 169. Been there - done that!Unfortunately, 15 hours from now is quite impossible, otherwise I would be glad to help out.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest AndrewW

Hi Mike, Thank you for the invitation to participate in the Avsim Round the World Race. Unfortunately I

Thanks so much, Andrew.(Of course, this is short notice--and a difficult time of day to volunteer.)Look forward to hearing from your colleagues.MikeWe do still need volunteers...

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Note the recently posted NOTAMS on the Concorde.----------------------------------------------------Concorde ClarificationLast updated: February 21, 2005Officials from BAe/Aerospatiale have contacted the Race Organizers. Their engineers say that the recently de-mothballed Concordes made available for the Race must not exceed their book figures

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

No problem. I was planning to be standing by this evening from 05-11Z this evening. I'll check the boards from tiem to time and keep myself updated.Regards,Alex

I know. I see myself as an emergency backup for this in case noone else is available at all.Better to try and fail than not to try at all, and who knows I may pull it off :)

Guest Fortress

Thanks very much for the invite - it was a very pleasant surprise to see it drop into my mailbox. Unfortunately 1300z Tuesday conflicts with a significantly less appealing event better known as Work! (I know, I know... I can go to work anytime, but I don't think they will see it that way :()Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/conc_capt_ba.jpgConcorde Training Captainwww.BAVirtual.co.ukAltitude/Koch Beta Team

Guest sfoofficer

One more thing to consider for prospective volunteers - make sure your landings under IMC up up to par. Granted, the Concorde has an autoland system, but it's always better to be able to keep ahead of the needles rather than chasing them in the event that you need to hand-fly her in. Especially given her high approach speedsBest Regards,Alex

Paul,Thanks.Might you check the AVSIM Race Forum to see if we can find another Concorde pilot. (We may need you AFTER work if disaster strikes!)Best wishes,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi AllI will check the forum tomorrow morning (0700 UTC). If you're really desperate, I MIGHT develop some stomach-thingie....BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH