Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Possible Duenna bug found! Might cause false disqualifications....

Earlier this week, I flew a bunch of test flights using the Avanti and a few in the P-38J for a comparison. All flights were done using a direct flightplan from CYWG to CYTH, which is about a 355nm flight almost due north. Not all flights went the entire distance from takeoff to landing, however, as some of the flights were to deliberately attempt to overspeed and overstress the aircraft to record the speeds at which they overspeeded and overstressed...Anyway, all my flights done on February 14th appear as they should on the Duenna graphic and text file.All my flights done on February 15th have a problem: All the flights that went all the way to landing at CYTH, all show up as a 355.1nm flight from CYWG to CYWG. Landing co-ordinates are correct for CYTH, but the graphic and textfile clearly says CYWG as my landing airport, even though I landed at CYTH.This could be stemming from the fact that Flightsim and the Duenna were running when the date changed at midnight, or it could be related to the fact that one of my failed attempts to overstress the Avanti I landed at a fantasy airstrip I had created (CYX1) that does not exist in real life and not part of the original flightsim. Or a combination, or something completely different, I don't know....I've already sent an email reporting this, with my OUTPUT directory zipped up and included... Hopefully this can be fixed before the race, because I'd hate to see legs getting wrongly disqualified because a Duenna bug falsely showed the wrong airport...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I also had this bug on a number of legs flown using duenna vers83 and have also seen it on vers80 but since updating to vers85 have thankfully not been able to replicate this error despite carrying out a number of flights using it with alt restriction both on and off :) Hopefully this version has cured it . would be good to know if anyone has had this error on duenna85 ? Bry EDIT.. Actually reading this post again , it would be good if no-one has had this error :(

One thing to remember - Duenna records the aircraft position, altitude, speed every few minutes.Though the graphic and text file might look "funny" if you are sure you did everything correctly, post the graphic and text file. Note there is an apparent discrepancy in the post.One of the organizers or their advisory committee will be on one of the forums at all times. Find them and ask for a ruling.Don't assume that Duenna is going to invalidate a legal flight if you flew a legal aircraft, with legal realism and weather settings, flew at the right altitude based upon the departure airport, started and landed at airports in the default version of FS2004 out of the box.Also, John has increased the "FS unavailable" timeout. This occurs when you select a top menu to try to connect / reconnect to multiplayer. Though I'd recommend you try to disconnect and reconnect to multiplayer during a test flight.Determine what your system will handle and how Duenna reacts.

Hi Stonecold,I noticed the posts yesterday and saw that JM had already been asked the question on his site, thanks for raising it. From our perspective, we view the Duenna as a help, as an aide, however it's probably reassuring to know that we always view a human as the ultimate judge.If for whatever reason any of us feel that there is good evidence that a leg is valid, present it and a human will make the call based upon a reasonable assessment.Hope this helps? :-)

Well, I know Duenna isn't going to invalidate a flight, it still believes the legal flight is legal, it just put the departure airport in the landing airport field.....I was referring to the race judges possibly seeing the departure airport in the landing airport field (despite the forum post being labelled "baton free at "), and assume that the duenna "landing airport" field is correct and disqualify the leg..... But I suppose that would take a hasty judge....