Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buzzbee

Practice Part 2

Based on last years routing requirements we continue on down into South America. We have to land at an airport in Paraguay and we have to get 2 airports below 40 Degrees South Latitude. After the initial legs I am choosing to make shorter legs for practice purposes. Makes it easier to move the baton if you don't have time to fly a full leg.As always, feel free to modify this as needed. It is just practice. MHTG - MPDAMPDA - SEGUSEGU - SPMSSPMS - SBCZSBCZ - SLCOSLCO - SLTRSLTR - SLETSLET - SGME - Paraguay

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the DA Piper Cheyenne IIXL.Not the fastest aircraft but a solid performer.

Going to take a detour in the Citation X to Lima to see my Girlfriend :) Testing in FSX

Down safe at SPZO, lots of hills on the approach that made it interesting. Tried to slow down a bit early to control speed as I made it down over the hills.

hi. i've been meaning to jump on the last few races. i haven't been flying much for a while. so i'd need brushing up. looks like the duenna is working fine. made a few runs. i think i'd need to reel in the gap between max and average speeds. pretty high frame rates. my ifr is pretty consistent when it's in shape. and i've lobbed a few mid sized planes into some altiports and odd fields. my one concern right now is breakups or overspeeds in sudden weather changes. talk to you later,joel

hi. i've been meaning to jump on the last few races. i haven't been flying much for a while. so i'd need brushing up. looks like the duenna is working fine. made a few runs. i think i'd need to reel in the gap between max and average speeds. pretty high frame rates. my ifr is pretty consistent when it's in shape. and i've lobbed a few mid sized planes into some altiports and odd fields. my one concern right now is breakups or overspeeds in sudden weather changes. talk to you later, joel
Hi Joel, welcome to the team

thanks,looks like it's clear.spzo to sltr, if that's workable. it looks like it's about 2:10. i'll post in a bit.joel

I had baton SPZO - SLTR while forums were down.Trying to fly the 733 into a short field VFR. Took me 3 tries.

phooey. because i made it. well. where's the next one? maybe i can pick it up.

right on. i'll have to see if the weather is a foggy there. thanks.

alright. i'm down. i'll post the map. i don't know if i need to add the text file, too.thanks.

Hi Joel , Nice flight :) You need to update your duenna to R117 you are using R44 which is quite old now :) also attach your .txt file but not embed to your post . And when you claim the Baton it is a good idea to state your departure and arrival airports ie I have the Baton SLTR-SLET ,and also quote your Aircraft of choice ;) , in your initial post . Hope this helps and , again , nice flight mate :)

ok. got all that.thanks. fun to fly one.let me add the log too. just see how that works.joeli don't know how that attachment is going to work.

Have we lost the subject line with the new forums and the ability to reply to your own "I have baton XXXX - XXXX" posts? I am kind of lost here in these fancy forums.

Have we lost the subject line with the new forums and the ability to reply to your own "I have baton XXXX - XXXX" posts? I am kind of lost here in these fancy forums.
Yeah, we lost some great functionality for the race. But the outline view shows the beginning of each message, so as long as the "I have the baton XXX - XXXX" is the beginning of the message it should show in the outline. And if you reply to your own post that will show up as in the threaded view earlier in the outline view. I think.

Yeah, we lost some great functionality for the race. But the outline view shows the beginning of each message, so as long as the "I have the baton XXX - XXXX" is the beginning of the message it should show in the outline. And if you reply to your own post that will show up as in the threaded view earlier in the outline view. I think.
I`ve tried the Outline view and it helps a little but does not seem to work at all on this topic :( lets hope its teething problems

I`ve tried the Outline view and it helps a little but does not seem to work at all on this topic :( lets hope its teething problems
Yeah, it doesn't work well with threads that were transferred from the older system.

I have Baton SLET - SGME - Paraguay - PMDG 747 400 Going to Paraguay. Flying the 747 for seat time and it is what I am configured for right now.