Sign in to follow this  
russ69

Kansas City Intl to Minneapolis St Paul Intl IFR

Hi,I just finished the VoxATC demo of the above flight with the Meridian. It was a very nice flight. Some comments:The squawk number is the same on all of the demos and all of the flights I've generated. I wonder if different numbers will be available on the next up date?Twice I was given vectors for traffic; for each course change for traffic the first vector turned me 90 degrees off course, the second turned me back at 90 degrees to my course, and the third issued before I arrived at my course turned me so that I was flying away from my next waypoint. When I was told to resume my own navigation I had to turn an angle of probably 135 degrees to get back on course. I felt the vectors were quite unrealistic and wonder if this is being addressed also.I flew this flight because it included a STAR. I've been trying to generate my own STARs without success. In this case however the STAR was issued to me (KASPER 2) and although I've never been given one in real life I thought I did well. After being issued the STAR I began to wonder how I would know when to begin to descend only to realize when the star was issued the words included, "descend via the kasper two arrival mason city transition" and so began my descent at that tme. Nice flight. I really enjoyed it. Question: Has anybody generated a star of their own? I have been issued the SIDs I generated but never the STAR. When I get to the point in the flight where it would be issued - it is missing.Russ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Russ,Glad to hear you are enjoying the VoxATC program. The squawk numbers do seem to be limited at this time... I haven't tested the next version yet so don't know if this has been expanded at all.The traffic vectoring in faster aircraft will usually take you into a big circle to get back on course. The 172 will handle it a little better... if you have the patience! I generally don't use this feature and hope it is handled differently in the next version.I have made plenty of flights with SIDs and STARs programmed. Remember you have to be flying into or out of a towered airport though for them to work.Have fun flyin'Zane