Sign in to follow this  
Mozzy

Some observations

I'm using VOXATC for FSX. (The Demo version)I think this addon shows a lot of promise but there are a few bugs that I think need some work.Firstly, I've had huge problems getting my joystick/keyboard assignments to work. It takes about 4 or 5 goes to broadcast. Either the ATC repeats a request ad nausium until I successfully broadcast or I get "Last aircraft say again" each time. UGGHH!Secondly, ground traffic is not controlled properly. I've had planes just roll over the top of me on taxiways.I'm glad to have the opportunity to try the demo but I think it needs ironing out a bit before I shell out $50AUS.Be interested to hear of anyone else's FSX experiences.cheersM

>I'm using VOXATC for FSX. (The Demo version)>>I think this addon shows a lot of promise but there are a few>bugs that I think need some work.>>Firstly, I've had huge problems getting my joystick/keyboard>assignments to work. It takes about 4 or 5 goes to broadcast.>Either the ATC repeats a request ad nausium until I>successfully broadcast or I get "Last aircraft say again" each>time. UGGHH!>[red]Make sure that the joystick button you are assigning to doesn't already have another assignment in MSFS. Don't start speaking the moment you press the button but wait half a second after depressing it, then wait till you've finished speaking another half second before letting go of it. Make sure you have your microphone set up correctly and that you have run the flight plan trainer program for general training and additionally for any flight you are having difficulty with. Also if there is a lot of other noise in the room you are using the program will try to pick up any noise and determine if it is a command so make sure all other noises (non sim related) are at a minimum.[/red]>Secondly, ground traffic is not controlled properly. I've had>planes just roll over the top of me on taxiways.[red]Make sure that you have followed the setup instructions and that aircraft traffic is set to zero in MSFS, this is now controlled from VoxATC X. If you leave the MSFS aircraft traffic on you will see this problem.[/red]>I'm glad to have the opportunity to try the demo but I think>it needs ironing out a bit before I shell out $50AUS.[red]I'm happy you have tried the demo out. I've been using VoxATC for a couple years now as well as testing prerelease for them and am not getting the problems you are reporting here.[/red]>Be interested to hear of anyone else's FSX experiences.>>cheers>M

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi,I did not use ground traffic inside FSX because of my CPU power, but in VOX ATC UK I experienced the same problem. I do not use ground traffic there, it is very unrealistic and buggy. I had no problem with speech recognition, it works very well for me [like in VOX ATC UK]. My frequent problems was the final vectoring during ILS approach. Controller gave me incorrect vectors, overflying localizer were my everyday experience. VoxATC UK works very well in this way. RegardsJiri

So, what's the difference between VoxATC for FSX and VoxATC UK? What comes on the CD as compared to the download. I understand there are better voices (still only 2?) but what else?cheersM

>So, what's the difference between VoxATC for FSX and VoxATC>UK? What comes on the CD as compared to the download. I>understand there are better voices (still only 2?) but what>else?>>cheers>MHi,VoxATC UK is designed for flying in UK airspace, it uses special UK terminology (especially VFR), but you can find small differences during IFR too. It uses decimal instead of point and transition altitude is 3500 feet. So if you will fly in US it will be still the same. But you can use VOxACT UK in Europe with a little bit tolerance (transition altitude, delivery instructions given during taxi...). Vox ATC X recognizes your location automatically (US or Europe) and uses correct terminology (but there is no UK airspace terminology). VoxATC X uses different way to controll AI traffic.As for diferences between download and CD, I think there are only voices over. But if you own any natural voices from another reason (as me) you can use it. It works very well together.RegardsJiri

Guest froemmelm

Hello,I also have the problem with ATC not understanding my callsign, which is really strange because it seems to understand all other commands I give. I've paid attention to waiting half a second but that didn't help.I'm wondering whether it is important that ATC understands my callsign,I mean, I'm the only one talking, not? Perhaps it is possible to reduce sensitivity about the callsign?Kind regardsMatthias