Sign in to follow this  
Manny

IFR / VFR at night. What is the issue? VOX FSX

I am using VOX for FSX.I noticed yesterday.... I kept getting a message that I am not authorized fly VFR at night. And then I filed an IFR flight plan. The same thing. I then changed it to day... and I was able to fly IFR.What is that? and how do I get around it? Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Very strange. Could you list your flight plan details. Most countries do not allow VFR flight at night and require you to file an IFR flight plan. In the US I believe you must log several hours of night flight with your flight instructor to get a night flight endorsment with your FAA pilot's license. I guess it is possible that some of these restrictions have been incorporated into VoxATC. Good luck and now on to the newly released FSX SP1. I may have to call in sick today.:-)

yeah..I am spending time with SP1. I'll get back to VOX after a while.BTW, in the US, The requirements are very minimal for night flying (just 3 hrs dual total during your PP License) after that you are good to go. No need for IFR. But ofcourse its recommended to fly IFR at night in a rural area (where there are no night city lights)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter