Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

No time to respond

I'm trying the demo for FSX. When taxiing to the runup area, VOX tells me I'll tune away to open the flight plan when I get to the runup; however, it tells me to contact tower for takoff clearance before I've called to open the flight plan. From then on it's out of sequence and I have to exit FSX to start over or just close the panel and fly without a controller. Similarly it tells me to exit the runway on landing and then has me contact ground before I exit the runway. If I don't get on it right away, it again freezes up.Any thoughts.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Open your flight plan before you taxi out while still parked. That's the way I usually do it anyway. The prompter will tell you to taxi but when you near the departure end of the takeoff runway the program advances to the next sequence. If you want to wait till you are ready to takeoff you can acknowlege ground and change to the tower frequency at which time the prompter will again bring up the call to FSS which you can now make while doing your pre-takeoff checklist items, switch back to tower and request takeoff.