Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digger57

VoxAtcX PTT button problem

Hi,I used VoxatcX for FSX for a while now without major problems, but since I installed ActiveSky for FSX I have this problem with the assigned PTT button on my joystick. Everytime I want to transmit I have to push this button twice before it is actually transmitted. So for some reason the release of the button isn't detected. Only when I push it again (and I hear the 2nd click), the message is send. Sometimes, when I push for the second time, Voxatc is repeating my last message, before it is answered. Every now and then I get stuck in the request-reply-loop, that some others mentioned before. I tried everything I could think of (with and without programming the buttons via FSUIPC). I'm not sure that Active Sky is the cause, but it sure is suspicious, because since this installment I have this problem.It sure is annoying and I can't seem to fix it. I don't want to uninstall ActiveSky, so that's no solution.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Digger57

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Did you try assigning another button in the VoxATC joystick and keyboard setup for PTT, for example the spacebar, so pressing it when talking and releasing it when finished? Always wait for 1/2 a second when pressed before starting to talk and 1/2 a second before releasing it so that ATC receives your complete reply. As far as I know (I don't use ActiveSky myself) VoxATC 'reads' the ActiveSky information so a temporary uninstall of ActiveSky might get you to the source of your problem,LionVoxATC Beta tester

I am having this same PTT problem, but I do not have ActiveSky installed.Can anyone help?Thanks,Ken

same with me..same problem no active sky..xgraphics and fex

This can also be due to CPU load if sliders are set too high and frequently a lag due to antivirus and/or firewall. Check you AV/FW to see if you can skip monitering FSX and VoxATC folders. I have my NOD32 set to ignore any folders related to FSX.