Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Chew

Using VoxATC for FS9 with 3D glasses

I use VoxATC for FS9 and e-dimensional 3D glasses. Unfortunately, when displayed, the VoxATC dialogue prompt window forces FS9 to go out of steroscopic mode.I downloaded the demo of VoxATC X for the brief time I had FSX installed, and saw that the prompt window in FSX is overlaid in a way that doesn't disrupt stereoscopic viewing.I realize this is just most likely a limitation of FS9, but is there any way to change the way the VoxATC dialogue prompts are displayed in FS9 to more of a VoxATC X-type display window?Thanks for your time,Charlie

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Hi Charlie,My understanding talking with the developer is all current work is on the FSX version and there will be no further development of the FS9 version. The expanded SDK and simconnect have allowed for so much more functionality with FSX I can understand their position.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks Zane,Guess I'll make do with running the prompt window in FS9 on a second monitor and peering over my 3d glasses for time to time. Funny, I'd just gotten FSX running smoothly when I discovered flight simming in 3D, and was instantly hooked. As using shutter glasses halves the framerate, I've accepted the fact that I'll probably need to stay a version behind the current MSFS release. I look forward to tyring out FSX and VoxATC-X again in a few years.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"