Sign in to follow this  
axelb9

Confirmation needed before purchase - thanks!

Hello,I have just downloaded the fs9 demo version and about to test it however I would like to receive confirmation from established users about a past issue which could be a showstopper for me.Back a year ago there were several posts (topics 1042, 1130)about Unicom saying 'unable' and then getting stuck when announcing landing intentions at noncontrolled airfields. This has been reported by several users however there was no solution as far as can see.Can someone please verify whether this issue has been solved? I mostly fly VFR between unicom and multico airports however the FS9 demo is limited for 3 controlled airport (2 in Class B and one in Class C airspace...( so I am not able to test it.A second question could you please tell me whether the F9 download version had the ATT voices installed or not. It says to select MS Mike however I believe that was a default just the same as MS Sam.Thank you for your kind help,Alex

This was posted to my questions in the topic just above yours:You can fly VFR or IFR out of controlled or uncontrolled fields. Now one thing about the program, when flying VFR into an airfield you need to contact that airfield before 20 nm out, otherwise you will get the dreaded "not available at this time" message. You also have the option of starting a flight without a saved flightplan that allows you to do touch and goes out of the departing field.This was posted by zhefr.Jim D.