Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dondo

Vox causes Hard Crash

Well, I just upgraded to Vox 5.55 and now about 2-3 minutes into a flight, it crashes me back to desktop. I have verified that it is only whey Vox is running. I tried FSX without using Vox and it ran with no problems. A couple of minutes after I enabled Vox, back to desktop. FSX gives me a "Fatal Error."Kind of confuses me somewhat as Vox 5.55 worked just peachy the other day for several hours. Now, nothing.Suggestions? I've tried a reinstall. Same issue.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like trouble?Does it close onto the Windows desktops tab bar? Can you re-open by clicking on it or pressing enter? Or just dreaded blue screen Fatal Error?I sometimes also have my FSX fold-up or crash to desktop. Usually I can click it open, and it doesn't happen again during session. I think perhaps one of my many other programs is trying to open or go on line? I have so many from Roxio, to HP software, Norton and so many that "watch" all the time. Perhaps some conflicts? Best to delete many systems at startup.Anyway, this was a problem before upgrade to 5.55. But now I seem to have a problem with my mouse pointer flickering between the pointer and the "hourglass", as if it were trying to open something. I can use the mouse but it's hard to "grab" any window corners etc... I don't know if it's because of 5.55, as it only occured since upgrade.Ain't it fun?Ken

Well, Vista doesn't go clear to Blue Screen, just crashes out of FSX and says that FSX has caused a Fatal Error. Then it asks me to send the information to MS. I'm 99% sure it is Vox however. I can fly without any problems if I'm not using Vox. Once I enable Vox, within a couple of minutes it crashes.Tell you what though...with TrackIR, yoke, pedals, dual monitors and Vox and enough PC horsepower, FSX really can be pretty amazing. Still doesn't effect me the same way real flying does....but it is getting close.. :)Dondo

Bummer. Have you checked your event viewer in Windows, that might shed some light on this issue. Also, if you haven't already, contact VoxATC on their web site help page. Good luck.