Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fordy

Question re Cruise Checklist

Guest Fordy

HiJust purchased FS2Crew for my ATR :) - excellent integration into the ATR, I flew this for two days non-stop almost, much to my wife's annoyance.I have done the tutorial flight a few times, and various shorthauls in Germany, but am having an issue with the cruise checklist.According to the manual, approx 1,000ft below your cruise altitude the FO should call "1000 to Level off" This never happens, I make sure that I click on the hidden spot in the center of the standy altimeter to call "transition altimeters" and set to 1013 at transition altitude. But the FO never makes the call, and he never sets the power management switch to Cruise - and I am unable to call for the cruise checklist.Everything up to this point is working flawlessly, am I missing something simple??Excellent product - keep up the great work.Mark

Guest lbb

The only simple thing I can think of is not putting a cruise altitude in the FMC?Leo Bakker

Hello Mark,I suggest trying the tutorial flight one more time and following it line by line.I suspect you're probably not completing the "After Takeoff Checklist" properly. Make sure you don't forget to click the "Secondary Button" to call "Now" after the FO reads back the altitude.The other thing is to make sure your cruise alt is set in the FMS.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest Fordy

Ok, will try it again. The cruise altitude is definitely set in the FMC.Thanks for the replies.Mark