Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtlmtl

Is it like Flight Deck Companion?

Hello, I'm very curious and plan to buy this interesting product your offering since the ATR I think is a gem. Several years ago I tried to use FDC and thought at the time that it was difficult and time consuming to set up and use, but was nice too for the realism factor. With the ATR FS2Crew it seems like similar features such as the copilot operating flaps and gear will occur, is this correct? Since this product is for the ATR specific, how much setup before a flight will need to be input into your program? Thanks,Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Matt,Setup time for the ATR version of FS2Crew is basically zero. As I've mentioned, everything has been custom coded from scratch to be ATR specific, so it's not like you have to configure checklists or anything like that.The biggest thing that seperates FS2Crew from other co-pilot type programs is that FS2Crew worked directly with Flight1 to achieve total integration between the two products. This makes a world of difference as the ATR is heavily custom coded meaning that without Flight1's direct support the level of integration would be very very minimal. Without Flight1's support I'd be able to control things like the gear, flaps and landing lights, but that would be about it.The other issue is that I worked with current ATR pilots so everything is modelled on real-world procedures, which really makes for maximum realism. As the developer I am of course biased, but let me say this: From a realism and depth and immersion standpoint, nothing on the market comes even remotely close to what I've achieved with the ATR. It will set the standard for a long time to come.Is it difficult? It's like the PMDG 737 version of FS2Crew. In the beginning it will appear intimidating to a lot of people, but once you get the hang of it and memorize your role in the role-play so to speak, then it will come naturally to you.Hope that helps,Bryan