Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Some issues and suggestions

Hi Bryan,First let me say again that I really like you program. It really adds to the immersion and I wouldn't think of flying the ATR without it!However, there are a few things that I feel could be improved:- The captain reads back two instruments with a precision that is unrealistic: the fuel gauges and the altimeter. In reality he could never see that the fuel is, say, 3,004 kgs and the altitude is 124 feet. Would it be possible to round off his read back to better reflect the instrument readings?- There are two generic calls that are very specific: the FO always asks start clearance for flight 1201 and the FA always has 21 passengers. It the case of the former, would it be possible for the FO to refer to the actual flight number (since the sound recordings are already available I mean) and in the case of the latter wouldn't the generic nature of the call be less obvious if she simply confirmed that the number of passengers matches the loadsheet, or some other non-specific call?- I sometimes get inappropriate FO LOC and GS deviation calls, despite SU1.2. (Say ELLX, intercept at 3,000 ft, elevation 1213, or worse, Antwerp where FS ATC will give you an intercept at 1,500 ft) Wouldn't it be possible to block those calls until some time after LOC and GS star?- Pausing the sim will not pause the captain's watch, which can be awkward if, say, the telephone rings. Not everybody realizes the importance of flight simming :-)- On a through flight the FO will not reset the DH (no major issue obviously)Not so much an issue, but a personal preference: I would like to have the speed bug set automatically at the Inner 170 and Inner 140 calls. I know, I know, the real PF has to do it manually too, but I think he has less trouble aiming for the right spot with his mouse :-)And on a "I know this is asking for too much, but I'll try anyway" level: as a long time user of PS1 I have always greatly appreciated the feature where the PNF sets ATC heading and altitude bugs as long as the PF is flying manually, as in fact he would in real life. I haven't got a clue if this is at all possible in FS, but it is certainly a feature that would reduce workload!Okay, in my closing statement let me repeat I really appreciate the program as it is, so don't let my questions make you think otherwise!Regards,Leo Bakker

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Leo,I'll try to answer your questions:1. Reading back instruments with precision. The altimeter is fine the way it is. The fuel quantity value is read right out of the FMC. I agree the precision on the fuel quatity read back is a little high. I'll see about rounding it off.2. The start clearance call and the one FA dialogue. Easier said than done for a variety of reasons mentioned earlier in the forum. It it's an issue for you, I suggest using .wav editor and simply edit the associated .wavs so that 1201 and the pax #'s don't play.3. Loc and GS deviation callouts: The minimum alt for them to play is already as low as I can make them. Any lower and I may as well not even incorporate them. The GS/Loc deviation calls become active when descending through Runway Elevation plus 1800 feet. I personally do not recommand the default ATC.4. Pausing the watch. That's a good idea. Perhaps I can work that into an update.5. DH on Thru Flights. I'll check that. 6. Speed bug auto set... That's not realistic! hehehe7. Heading and Alts by the FO... the FO will set the runway heading when you make your "Set runway heading, dual ILS" call. He should also set Nav 2 to match the ILS freq in Nav 1. But I know what you mean. What you're asking is do-able if people use the default ATC, but I suspect not many people use the default ATC. VATIM and Radar Contact are so much better (at least so I hear).All the best,Bryan