Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

Black background behind watch, how to remove?

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi ALL,Thanks to everyone who developed and beta tested this great addon.When I first installed the ATR version, the watch (I think looked normal), that is no black background behind it showing up. But now I cannot seem to get rid of the background.I have saved the config manager, resolution is 1280*1024, I start with the default cessna, sometimes saved and sometimes creating a flight (does not help). I load in the 2d view.Do I have to uninstall and reinstall to correct this?Thanks a bunch,

Hello Vince,Nice to hear from you again.The black background around the watch cannot be removed; it is perfectly normal.To make a long, complex story short, the watch sits in it's own window. Even though the black is 0,0,0 (a transparent color in FS), because the the watch is in its own window you wont see the panel/sky through the transparency. The window is seperate from what's behind it.Hope that makes sense,Bryan

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks Bryan,I first loaded the plane at night, so I never noticed this. no problem though.I am glad all is going well with you and with FS2Crew, excellent job done as well as great support!!I have many questions with this new release but I will reserve asking them at this point, I have lots to learn and figure out yet. I have a very positive response toward your efforts so far.Great talking to you as well,