Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Disabled Starboard Engine Propellers

Guest United

Here's a good one: Prior to installing ATRCrew, my ATR-500 works perfectly (minus the various fixes proposed by various patches in the works by Flight1, my plane worked fine in any case)....... then, install ATRCrew. What happens?.........the propeller for engine #2 on the right or starboard side does not turn. The sounds are there, it flys as if it's turning, but it's not turning. Worse yet, ATRCrew commandeers the prop even when you dont use ATRCrew. The only way I got it to work was to use another duo prop aircraft and then tell FS9 to start my ATR-500 or if useing the ATR Configuration panel, I told FS9 to start the ATR-500 with full power and ready to taxi. What's worse? I had to destall my entire ATR-500 and reinstall it without ATRCrew for the starboard engine prop to finally function and turn from COld and Dark. Bug? Eccentricity? ... problem with the manuel or my reading of it??Randy Jura, KPDX

Hello Randy,That is a good one :-)It's the first of heard it, though.Anyone else get this?My thoughts are this:1. Are you starting Hotel mode exactly as per the FS2Crew Manual?2. Try this: After ATR-FS2Crew loads, the prop brake with be in the 'on' position. With the aircraft powered and AC and Wild Power connected, move the prop brake to the off position, click the Aux Hyd Pump, and then move the Prop Brake to the On position.If that doesn't work, please send me an email so you can test something for me pls.All the best,Bryan

Guest United

I tried your idea, but it failed to fix the problem. My browser wont let me reach your email, so if you could pass it along to me so you can help me find the problem. In the meantime, I'm going to do a full uninstall / reinstall of both programs including Flight1's SP3, which I did use to try and fix it, but didnt work either yet. I'll let you know, thank you for your responses.Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy,Here's my email.admin@fs2crew.comRe-install the ATR by itself first without FS2Crew... Try to do a flight and see if you can reproduce the issue.Then install FS2Crew.It could be corrupt file somewhere, who knows.Email me regardless.Thanks,Bryan

Guest United

What I've done so far is to completely uninstall both programs clear to the bone. Then, I reinstalled only ATR-500 without FSCrewand there was no longer a problem. When I tried to reinstall FSCrew over the good installation the propellar dysfunction recurred. So, tell me what you'd like me to try and I'll private Email you anything you need! Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest jamesmcgrathhsd

I recently purchased FSCrew ATR upon reading the 5-star review. However, I had the same starboard prop issue cited here. I had no choice but to uninstall FS Crew and reinstall ATR to get the prop to work properly. Do you have the fix for this?Thanks

Hi Jim,The other user had this problem because he forgot to release the Prop Brake prior to starting #2. Pls ensure you hit the HYD Aux Pump on the throttle quadrant, wait a few seconds, then flip the Prop Brake switch on the Overhead to the Off position.Once the prop brake is off, you can move condition lever 2 to Auto. The starboard prop will then start to turn.EDIT: Jim, also make sure you installed Service Update 1.2.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest Mike Franks

I agree with Bryan. The same thing happened to me yesterday. From the handling of the A/C I thought I had both engines working. It wasn't until I noticed I had no torque in #2 that I realised I'd forgotten to take the prop break off. I landed with no problem, shut it down, started it back up, and took off...everything was spinning!Mike