Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeteWalls

FMC in Tutorial Flight

It doesn't matter what I do I cannot get rid of the Route Discontinuity on the ATR - 500 tutorial flight. I keep getting the message - "Not in the Database" when trying to insert CI36L on the LSK.I read that Mark had posted a tutorial on setting up the FMC in ATR - 500 version of FS" Crew, but can't find it anywhere.Any clues as I haven't managed to get off the ground yet.CheersPete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Pete,Not sure what you're doing, but to clarify: the CI36L is part of the Approach procedure, so you don't have to type it. If you select 36L in the ARRival page for RKPK, you will get a few waypoints in your LEGS page starting with CI36L. Now all you have to do is clear the discontinuity between the last waypoint of the route, KMH, and CI36L.Success,Leo Bakker

Hi Leo,What Leo said.CI36L is not a waypoint you type in. You need to select Runway 36L on the Arrival Page of the FMS. That will generate CI36L on the Legs page automatically when so selected.Best regards,Bryan

Hi Guysbeen on a two day course. Thanks for this info. I hadn't selected rw36l on the arrivals page.I will give this a try later in the week and get back to you both.Pete

I know I'm a pain, but I still can't get rid of the disconuity line. I entered RW36L in the arr section after the departure from RKPC and on turning the page to the route page still had the line before CI36L. If you look at the page in the manual tutorial flight that shows ACT RTE 1 It shows MAKET2 MAKETI then enter A586 into LSK2, followed by TOPAX in RSK2. I then enter KMH choosing the correct VOR into RSK3. This in turn shows DIRECT in LSK2.The route discoinuity line is now the next line below. I try and choose CI36L from RSK4 and it replies with the message "Not in the database".I also tried to enter the data as shown in ACT Route 1 Legs prior to that in the route section, and although getting rid of the disconuity line that way, it showed everything "direct" in the route page with no TOD point.Thanks for your patience with me - Still on the ground !!!Pete

Hello Pete,Without being at your computer it's hard to see how your programming the ATR's FMS.Do not feel obligated to use the airports used in the Tutorial, though.You can use any two airports you like. I suggest doing it that way. Enter a route in the FMS you've used before that you know you can enter without probs.Cheers,Bryan

Hi BryanThanks for this. I'll try that, and in addition have decided to reprint the ATR manual and read all about the FMC programming agin.CheersPete

Pete,Good news. Markus just made a short video showing how to program the FMS for the Tutorial flight.I'll make an announcement when it's ready for download.Best regards,Bryan

This is great news. I know people are reticent about reading weighty manuals, and I have always believed that a picture paints a thousand words.Looking forward to it. Off to London for a week, so the machine will be idle till I come back.CheersPete