Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrClue

Install sequence

Guest MrClue

Hi guys,first off, being proud owner of the brand-new atr+fs2crew install after reading the manual two times already ;-), I am very excited to go the long way on the steep learning curve. However I just realized on the flight1 website that there are pending updates for Fs2Crew AND the ATR, which are _not_ included in the respective installers.So as not to ruin my fresh install, what would the update sequence be ?Here's the baseline: FS2Crew and ATR are newly installed from the website installer as of yesterday.My hunch is, that I'd update the ATR first, and then the FS2Crew.Or are the updates not interdependend and the sequence of updating doesn't really matter.Thanks and always three green,Stephan

Hello Stephan,There are no pending updates for the ATR version of FS2Crew.However, Flight1 recently released SP3 final.Installation order goes this way:1. Install the Flight1 ATR2. Install FS2Crew ATR3. Install the FS2Crew ATR update that's available on the FS2Crew ATR "Downloads" Page.4. Install SP3 final for the ATR from Flight1.*The important thing is that SP3 from Flight1 be installed "last" as the FS2Crew ATR installer includes an older version of SP3.All the best,Bryan

Guest MrClue

Hello Bryan,>There are no pending updates for the ATR version of FS2Crew.Sorry for my inapt phrasing..I meant to say "pending for me to install " ;-)Anyhow, update worked like a charm. I am on my third attempt for the tutorial flight (had a fight w/ the FMC ;-) ), and I just don't manage to switch the frequencies on COM2.Yup, I read the FAQs and eventually I turned on NAV2 before COM2, and I pressed the switch towards the upper half, however it won't transfer the frequency entered in the lower display to the upper display. It just displays a red symbol on the left of the upper frequency.If I open the center console, I am talking about the instruments combo on the right, and there I would turn the respective knobs on the instrument.Do I have to turn on NAV2 by keyboard maybe ?By the way: does it permanently store my frequency settings between sessions ? Even if I restart the FS9, on the next session it comes up with the exact same frequency settings as before (on the active and passive frequency). And since I did not turn on nav2 beforehand on my very first attempt (:-/), maybe there is some internal variable now set and stored, which needs to be reset somehow.I did find a workaround though: if I press the tiny ACT button on com2, I am able to change the active frequency, at least that helps to continue w/ the flow.Thanks and always three green,Stephan

Guest Jeff Berman

Thanks for the info Bryan, I had installed 1 & 4 first then 2 & 3 so I just re-installed the sp3 update from flight1 again. I haven't tryed it yet, I 'm still learning the 767 version, but didn't want to miss out on the easter special :)