Sign in to follow this  
Guest CTyankee

Flying the ATR With FS2Crew Inactive

Hi Bryan,Is there any way to set up the ATR72-500 for flight with FS2Crew installed but inactive? The main reason I want to do this is is to become more familiar with the tutorials in the Flight1 Manual prior to, ot perhaps in conjunction with learning how to use FS2Crew with this plane. BTW I also have the PMDG737 and LDS767 versions of FS2Crew. I first tried simply not starting FS2Crew by not clicking the DISP SEL button. I was able to perform the cockpit setup pretty well, except that I could not find a way to activate the EADI and EHSI displays. Adjusments within the EFIS control panel had no effect--the two displays remained dark no matter what.In order to get things right I had to uninstall FS2Crew and then uninstall and reinstall the ATR. Am I missing something?Sandy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Sandy,FS2Crew makes a slight modification to the ATR so when the ATR loads the CRT screens will be off. This is more realistic.This happens regardless of whether you activate FS2Crew or not.I don't have the manual handy, but if you look in the F1 ATR manual you can find the knobs that control the CRT brightness for both screens.If you search this forum, I believe you can find the exact page numbers in the F1 ATR manual as I recall mentioning them before.Cheers,Bryan