Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Keyboard Assignments

Guest Bud

I've just purchased a copy of the program [737NG version], primarily to try to get a grasp of the essentials prior to the issue of the ATR version.I can see why it has had rave reviews. Unfortunately I have a problem that I think others have with regard to keyboard assignments. Having searched thro' previous posts on this topic, I see that the advice is not to make changes to the default - Hmmm - too late, for all sorts of reasons I've had to change virtually all of the default k/b assignments.On the face of it, it looks as tho' I'll not be able to use FS2Crew, which would be very disappointing. If the same situation obtains for the ATR version, I would have the same problem, and that would increase the disappointment.There are so many add-on progs around now which have their own set of key assignments, many permit changes to be made. I can see this is not possible for the NG - may I ask will it be possible for the ATR. Can I also ask if there is any chance I could have a list of all the keys which FS2Crew [NG] uses so that I can at least have a chance of making that version usable for me.Bud

Hello Bud,Changing the default FS2004 keyboard assignments should have no effect on the 737 version of FS2Crew, because when using basic FS9 "events" like flaps up, FS2Crew does not simulate pressing a key in this instance but rather talks to the "event" directly.However, when it comes to the PMDG 737 Keypresses that FS2Crew uses to talk to certain buttons on the PMDG 737, that's a different story. The important thing is to make sure that your PMDG Keyboard assignments match up with the assignments as defined in the FS2Crew Keyboard Assignments manual.As for the ATR... the concept is the same (two crew flying), but other than that the ATR is a totally different story as it uses a new interface system. Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest Bud

BryanMany thanks - Very glad to see the ATR is going to have a different interface. I'll give the NG a go and see what happens, but as I understood it from a note a turned up in my search of the Forum, changes to the default do lead to problems.Bud

Guest Bud

BryanI've now given the NG a good test; most things seem to work just fine with one or two exceptions. For eg, the FO appears not to switch on probe heat, tho' the mini icon appeared and quite a lot of clicking went on. This is such a fantastic prog, I'll be persisting to try to get it to work with my peculiar set up. At the risk of appearing a nuisance, is there a 'script' of the Captain's dialogues - I wouldn't mind trying to produce a UK version.Bud

Hi Bud,1. Make sure you applied all the FS2Crew Updates found on the Downloads Page, and make sure your "mininimum" resolution is 1024 by 768 to ensure the FO doesn't miss making his simulated click on the mini-panel.FO should turn on the probe heat during his After Start flow.Be sure to take a look at the Flows manual to see what switches the FO flips and when.2. UK dialogues: You're free to record over the existing wavs. FS2Crew uses close to a 100MB worth of wavs so you'll have your work cut out for you!Cheer,sBryan

Guest Bud

Hello Bryan1. I have the u/gs and OK with the resolution. The FO did fail in his duty in this respect. 2. 100 MBs eh - well I have made a start, sadly I do not sound in any way as authorative [or even human]as the default - I hate him already Bud

Hi Bud,What resolution are you running at?There is no reason why the FO should not miss his mouse clicks to switch the Probes On during his After Start flow.P.S. Make sure the probes are in the off position before you start FS2Crew. They should be in the off position if you're loading the PMDG as per the manual.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello Bryan1024x768. Actually, I've had another test and all worked fine. Guess what, I've decided to abandon my quest to record the pilot voice - you knew I would. The reason being I can't spell authoratatatative.My next mad idea is to adjust the position of the windows so that they appear on my secondary monitor - so far I've come up with lovely black rectangles I am the customer from ####.Bud