Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Vala

Does anybody else have this problemw? (after updates) ...

Guest Captain Vala

Hi everyone and Bryan,Bryan, I'm starting a new thread so we can see if anyone else has this problems, that way you have more detail, etc.I have the entire 737NG series and no other payware add-ons on my computer, and very little of other aircraft add-ons.FS2Crew was working fine for me till (I believe) when I installed the #1 service pack. I've ever since been experiencing some miss understandings with my FO ;) . Well, he never reads the taxi checklist (the button doesn't work or something), does not react to the A/T and F/D's turn on during the taxi, does not turn on the light when he's supposed to (when I turn on Landing lights for take off) and although he reads the take off checklist (to the line and below the line), he does not push any buttons, and never recognizes the take off, so he warns me on the excessive brake away thrust and taxi speed, when I'm taking off ! He does not call the speeds (80,V1,and VR) nor does he retract the gear after lift off. Next issue is that the forward button on the take off page wont work. So I try to hit back button and go backwards till I get to the approach page. Everything seems to go fine after that, except he does not call the altitudes nor the minimums. Then after that everything seems to go fine again.This is all when I'm the pilot flying, not him. I have not let him fly after he's gone funky! He's probably depressed or something, but Bryan should know more about him since he's Bryan's son !I've tried re-installing all the updates (1 and 2) but no change so far.I appreciate any inputs,Vala

Hello Vala,My Son????????As I mentioned before, I suggest doing a clean re-install of FS2Crew. I also suggest re-downloading the Updates in case you got a corrupt download.When you install the Updates, make sure you install #1, then #2.Also be sure to check the manuals.It almost sounds like the beacon is off. Never touch the beacon. Let the FO turh it on during his Before Start Flow.If the Beacon is not on, FS2Crew won't go into takeoff mode when you arm the autothrottle.Pls take a close look at the FS2Crew FAQs manual.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest MightyMatt76

aha, i even forgot the updates. it still works fine without them!Vala, check the old post (my one). there are some tips in there. i had the issue too, but after a fresh install and after printing out all the necessary documents (this is very crucial!!!!!) did i do a flawless flight with fs2crew.there is a steep learning curve but the software works great. try looking for the problem in another corner. try recreating the situation. different airport, different weather etc....let us know what happens!groeten,matthew *a.k.a. luchtwafel*5NM south by south east of EHRDfsbanner.jpg

Guest Captain Vala

I'll go try to re-install everything over again (although I did yesterday)... with new download.Lets see what happens, Thanks for the responds, Bryan, and Matthew.Vala

Guest Captain Vala

Sorry that I'm making you guys wait... I've been real busy during that last two days... but I'll get beck to you guys with my answer.Vala

Guest jeffg

I am having the same problem tonight,I go into FS9 load the default flight and shut the 172 down and load my 737PMDG and set up at the airport.The flight tonight was out of KLGA started FS2Crew and than loaded SB3 and was online no problems.I went through the checklist was at 2 min when I tried to change freqs and nothing happened and I get a message saying The Creation Sound Failed and lockup,this happened on my desktop and also on my laptop.I tried both as I figured something got on my desktop but it happenend on my laptop also.I flew the flight with LevelD 767 and SB3 last night wo problems. Jeff

Hello Jeff,A "Create Sound Failed" message means that FS2Crew (or perhaps even another program you're using like SB3) tried to access a sound file that has been renamed, moved, doesn't exist, etc.Try doing a flight without using Squawkbox and tell if you can reproduce the problem. If you can, I suspect you have a corrupt download or one of the FS2Crew wav files was accidently moved or something.All the best,Bryan

Guest jeffg

Bryan, I will do a flight today without SB3 and let you know. Jeff

Guest PeterC

I have the same problem as Captain Vala had. I discovered that the FO does not switch on the beacon during the Before Start Checklist. He waits for me to switch it on and then carries on with the checklist. I have reinstalled F2SCREW and it's still the same. I redownloaded F2SCREW and both updates and reinstalled but again no change. I may have to live with it - it's no problem.A wonderful program Bryan - many thanksPeterC

Hello Peter,I just looked at the code. Make sure the Beacon is 'Off' before starting FS2Crew?All the FO does it toggle the beacon switch, so if it was on he'll just it 'off'.That's the only thing I can think of.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Lobaeux4

I've had this happen as well with the beacon, BUT, it was error-induced on my part.Two things, make sure the beacon is off before you start, that goes for all switches that the F/O is supposed to turn on, remember, he only turns them to the next position, NOT to on or off or what have you. The F/O doesn't know what's on or off, he just flips a switch. Sorta like real life.Second, make sure you haven't resized the small overhead panel that pops up either. I'm not sure, Bryan can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you resize it, the F/O may not "flip" the correct switch.Lastly, if neither of those are the problem, just chalk it up to a bad F/O for that flight, and in a patient and stern voice, just correct him and do it yourself. Believe me, more often than not, that sort of thing happens in real life.

Guest PeterC

BryanThanks for the prompt reply. I realised that I had not done a reboot since all my uninstalls and reinstalls so I did one. I then noticed that my Beacon was now ON at the start(it was OFF before).I switched it OFF and I now have a good FO who does not wait for me but switches the beacon ON at the right time!! Oh the joys of computers (?)Once again many thanks for your help. a superb program.Peter